E Stop Series wiring

Star-Lab plasma table discussion forum
tylerd
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

E Stop Series wiring

Post by tylerd »

Need help on the E stop series wiring, moved my control box 2 a different location...took pics of all of the wiring, inside the box, all limits are rewired, then realized I needed to do the E stops also. well did not take a pic...stupid I know, but thought I could remember 2 stupid wires, wrong! This is the E stop closest to the Candcnc control box, the wiring goes through it to the outboard E stop. 2 wires, black and red, the reds are joined, there are 4 posts 2 are orange and the other 2 are green. I did not disconnect the black wire it is connected to orange post #1. On the outboard switch black is connected to orange post 1 and red is connected to orange post 2. I need to know where to hook the joined reds on switch 1.. I am pretty sure one of the green post wich are labled 3 and 4. This is a bulltear 4x8 ethercut and feather touch bladerunner system. any help much appreciated!!!
Bulltear 4x8
PN200 Pendant
Linux Command CNC
Hypertherm PM 85
C&CNC Bladerunner Servo
DTHC IV Feather Touch
HyT-Connect DCP-01
Sheetcam Inkscape QCAD
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: E Stop Series wiring

Post by tcaudle »

Time to get out your ohmmeter or continuity tester. The e-stop string has to be NC. There is an LED on the Table I/O card that will com eon when the circuit is closed. If you have an external E- Stop button you have to determine which set of contacts on it are normally closed and wire it into the E-Stop "loop".
If the" loop" has more switches in series then each one has to be be wired using the NC pair. Use your ohmmeter and figure out which are the NC pair. Now the NC pin on one switch goes to the COM side of the next and so forth. The entire sting than has a beginning and an end. When wired right they will all in series the beginning and end of the string will show a short (low ohms). If it does not pick one end of the string and put one meter lead on it and start probing the switches Just think "IN and OUT" on each switch. You should be able to find the break in the string

Part of that overall "loop" is a relay on the ESPII control box that closes when power is applied to the motors. (so you cannot come out of E-stop unitl you have the motors powered up) If the wire jumper has been removed on the EPO tabs on the Table I/O then power up the motors and temporarily jumper those tabs and see if the EPO (E-stop) LED lights. IF so the rest of the circtui is working and its simply a matter of replacing the jumper with a NC switch (or string of swtiches. To run with it as is you can either leave the wire jumper in place OR you can open the Config menu and reverse the polaiity of the Estop input and fool it . You won't have e-stop but you can run
tylerd
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by tylerd »

Thanks for the response, I will give that a shot!
Bulltear 4x8
PN200 Pendant
Linux Command CNC
Hypertherm PM 85
C&CNC Bladerunner Servo
DTHC IV Feather Touch
HyT-Connect DCP-01
Sheetcam Inkscape QCAD
BTA Plasma
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by BTA Plasma »

Did you move the estop switches? There are literally only two wires that wire to the Estop input on the Table I/O board.

Series are wired like this

You have a red and black wire

Switch one Black (from Bladerunner control box) to black (That goes to the other switch)
Switch two Black (from the 1st switch) to red (going back the to bladerunner control box)

It is not complicated it is not difficult. You basically are using one single pass through and both switches are wired normally closed.
tylerd
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by tylerd »

Hence the 2 reds being joined, I moved the control box to the end of the table so I can see the lights on it better. Did not move any of the switches but had to run new wire due to the increased length of the runs.
Bulltear 4x8
PN200 Pendant
Linux Command CNC
Hypertherm PM 85
C&CNC Bladerunner Servo
DTHC IV Feather Touch
HyT-Connect DCP-01
Sheetcam Inkscape QCAD
tylerd
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by tylerd »

Everything appears to be working as it should so guess I did it correctly!
Bulltear 4x8
PN200 Pendant
Linux Command CNC
Hypertherm PM 85
C&CNC Bladerunner Servo
DTHC IV Feather Touch
HyT-Connect DCP-01
Sheetcam Inkscape QCAD

Return to “Star-Lab CNC Forum”