Hasta La Vista!

Plasma Cutters can be used to make some amazing products & projects. Upload some pictures of projects you've completed using your plasma cutter.
Oldsarge
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Hasta La Vista!

Post by Oldsarge »

Just wanted to stop in and say a final goodbye... The whole firepit fiasco was all I needed to make the decision to pack up shop on this and other forums. It's not about copyrights, or patents or any of that... It's the principal of the thing, and the resulting comments and rationalizations are more drama than I need in my life at this, or any other moment in my life. Most things I can shrug off, but this isn't one of them. I'm sorry if any of this comes off sounding high horse or whatever, I assure that isn't my intention.....

I've made several football and motorcycle related pieces over the last year, and from the first one to the last, I always felt bad about making those items, and finally decided a few months ago to stop making any and all questionable items which are protected. I just have too much to lose over such things, and it has been bothering me a lot. Not trying to crusade or preach, just trying to close a chapter here. I do stand by everything I said on that thread, and again, if one can't see the root of what I'm saying, then we'll just have to agree to disagree, because it goes beyond copyrights.... it's more than that, at least to me.

I've had a saying that I came up with very early in my military career: "Rationalization of ones' actions is a sure sign of failure and moral shortcoming" I've tried with varying success to live by those words, and use them to measure my successes and failures and it has always held true in every situation, including this. I'm not being judgmental, I just have to follow my moral compass, which we all have to be true to.

I'm pretty thick skinned, and don't want anybody to think that this one isolated event caused me to walk away... I've been reassessing my quality of life lately, and have drastically reduced all forms of online activity as well as television. I'll soon be deleting my Facebook page as well, and my online presence will consist of a small web page over which I can facilitate sales of my art.

I've made some good friends here in the last few years, and I hope that in some small way I have been helpful to other members either through file sharing or ideas or techniques. I also want to thank the others here who have helped me over the last almost 4 years, your help was and is immeasurable. It's been a great learning experience, and for that I'm grateful. I wish you all great happiness and success, and yes, even thissideup, who I admittedly called a douche, and which I still believe is accurate for his overzealous behavior in the whole matter, I wish you well too.

Thanks, and best wishes to all!

Oldsarge
salute.jpg
salute.jpg (41.1 KiB) Viewed 2306 times
6x12 Home Built Table
Hypertherm PowerMax 85
CandCNC Dragon Cut 620 DTHC IV
CorelDraw X7, Sheetcam, Mach 3
"Better to attempt great things and fail than to live in the gray twilight where there is neither victory or defeat"
Gogitter
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: Hasta La Vista!

Post by Gogitter »

Sorry to see you go...I don't think the fire pit issue is a place to make your last stand, but whatever! I still want to order a tubing bender from you. If you're still building them, PM me with your e-mail so I can get a hold of you!
CandCNC Electronic
Hypertherm Powermax1000
Mach 3
Sheetcam
CorelDrawx5
LDR 4X8 table
plain ol Bill
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by plain ol Bill »

I shall greatly miss your presence on this forum Oldsarge. However we have to go where our heart leads us or we end up being lost. Follow your heart my friend. Vaya con dios.
Dumb ol Bob followed his heart and I still miss his presence here also.
plain ol Bill
Hypertherm 1250
Duramax machine torch
Corel Draw X6
Sheetcam
Mach3
5 x 10 self built table
Lots of ineptitude
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by beefy »

Goodbye Oldsarge,

you've been one of the great guys here.

Sorry to say I think the opposite regarding that firepit thread and think Lizardking is the douche, not Thissideup. But each to our own way.

Thanks for your Youtube video on the tube roller, I'll eventually make one too. I couldn't find a pipe threader here in Australia at a sensible price but I found a small worm gearbox for $50, which I hunted down after being inspired by your video.

Good luck with everything and I hope you find what you are looking for.

Keith.
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019
tnbndr
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tnbndr »

A guys gotta do what a guys gotta do!!!
Your contributions will be missed.
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

I salute your discussion as we age things change and we need to live with what is in our hearts.
I have appreciated your post and will miss your presents.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
modelaratrod
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by modelaratrod »

Sarge I would like to thank you for all your help, from the plate marker to the air dryer and everything in between. :)

With that being said why do we let people with a few post's under there belt ruin a great forum? :|

Thanks for all your contributions Sarge!

"Better to attempt great things and fail than to live in the gray twilight where there is neither victory or defeat"
5x10 Torchmate 2 w/AVHC
Hypertherm PM85 w/ machine & hand torch.
blackandtan
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by blackandtan »

I sure hate to hear this. Your contributions will be missed. Your progress has been an inspiration to me, if I’m not mistaken you have only been doing this for around three or so years and your work is amazing. I know if there is something that you post it is absolutely worth checking out; everything form the roses to the bells to the jumping bass and the trees of life including the one that was for Hospice just to name a few. And the builds that you shared were unbelievable, I just wish now that I would have copied them to a file for later reference. There are a few of your builds that I would liked to have attempted but have not had the money to do so with just getting started in all of this. You are a true artist and your work and determination to always make things better shows it. Not everyone is willing to show the techniques they use to come up with the art they create. Thank you for all of your contributions.

Rodney
btburn
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by btburn »

Sorry to see you go, your projects inspired me to do more with my machine and skills. Tell it like it is and do what you must. thanks for all you've done here. I think you'll be missed by most.
Dynatorch 4x4 SuperBee, Powermax 65, Quincy QT-54, Snap On MM250SL, Thermal Arc Arcmaster 185, Corel Draw X7 and a messy garage.
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by Gamelord »

It's really too bad that you are leaving. I to was very inspired by your posts. I hope in time that you will come to some sort of compromise and hopefully see that your posting and inspiration is much more to the form than some of the other petty stuff that goes on from day to day.

Either way I wish you well in your endeavors. Try to keep in touch if possible.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutter Project Picture Gallery”