expanded go torch

Plasma Cutters can be used to make some amazing products & projects. Upload some pictures of projects you've completed using your plasma cutter.
otisa2007
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

expanded go torch

Post by otisa2007 »

after running my go torch for a while i finally decided to expand it i've got a sampson gantry tube and 4 plasma cam rails the gratse are modified sampson grates i got the cut files for the grates either off here or plasmacams site all brackets and braces i cut with the gotorch and all the electronics and gantry pieces came off the gotorch as you can see i missed my width measurement by 1/4 inch i think my beer goggles might have affected my math skills i didnt buy the sampson rails for the simple reason i need a bigger shop im planning on installing some cable chains and doing away with the arm for the cables so far its working good thesecond pic shows my old table in the middle i had to use it to cut the grates it had t post for grates
Attachments
IMG_0890.JPG
IMG_0879.JPG
Doc Hollywood
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: expanded go torch

Post by Doc Hollywood »

Nice mod,
When it's all said and done, did this cost less then buying a 4x4 pcam and expanding it, or buying the Sampson?
Did you get the good height control and d.e. Software ect.? Thanks! Nice build
otisa2007

Post by otisa2007 »

i've probably got around 9000.00 total in the machine from buying to go torch to the upgrades 3000 of that is software upgrades to the basic height controll basic design edge and expandable size software i like the plasmacam software but they would probably sell alot more machines if the software wasn't so high
Doc Hollywood
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Doc Hollywood »

Yup, it's kept me looking for a used one...
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

To me their software is a bargain. I used to use AutoCad, Corel Draw and a Raster to Vector conversion software, The Advanced Design Edge and Advanced Height control on both of my PlasmaCams allow me to do the same work that used to take 3 software packages (at a much higher price) and now just use one package that is self contained. Very nice software (my opinion) and worth every penny with better cut quality and far shorter design to cut times.

Jim Colt
mwade123
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by mwade123 »

I just got another set rails my self. i will be expanding my 4x4 to a 4x8.

how did you attach the rails together?
Plasma cam DHC2
Hypetherm Power Max 65
Miller 212 Auto Set
otisa2007

Post by otisa2007 »

the rails are sitting on a piece of 2x3 tubing i cut some gussets for the middle where the 2 rails butt togother and drilled holes through the outside of the railsusing the inside holes as guides to bolt them too the right side has 4 bolts holding it togother and the left only has 2 my 4 bolt bracket got in the way of the guide bearing that runs on the outside of the left rail when i get back to my shop computer i can post the bracket files if interested in them

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutter Project Picture Gallery”