Water Table Pan Idea (ALUMINUM)

Plasma Cutters can be used to make some amazing products & projects. Upload some pictures of projects you've completed using your plasma cutter.
x5er30
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Water Table Pan Idea (ALUMINUM)

Post by x5er30 »

Before I post pic's. I thought I would see if anyone out there has thought about building a water pan completely out
of aluminum (except the cross grate slats that support the material) ?
I recently just finished my second table. my first one was, well my first try at it..worked out great, but was just to big
for my home garage and all welded steel heavy wall framing. my new table is a full bolt together,with much less steel framing and can accommodate a 4 x 5' sheet of material, I learned a lot from my first water table, which was all steel. and because of that along with my lack of maintenance, I decided I was gonna make my second table the final design using a down draft system, but quickly realized that I just needed way more power than I can fit in a small area, so I revised a water pan from all aluminum.it isn't complete, but it is working.I still need to finish the transfer system so I can drain it quickly into a storage/reserve tank and move the water back up when table is in use. Besides the cost of aluminum, does anyone have any down falls to having a water pan made out of all aluminum? I searched, but couldn't find any
B Holmes
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: Water Table Pan Idea (ALUMINUM)

Post by B Holmes »

I can't think of any reason not to use aluminum. If you are using a water additive as a rust inhibitor, you might just want to make sure there are no adverse effects on the aluminum over time.
5 x 10 Air bladder water table
Precision plasma HDB gantry
CandCnC 620-4 Bladerunner
Feather touch ohmic plate sensing
Hypertherm Powermax 65
2015 Autocad lt
Sheetcam
Mach 3
Central California

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutter Project Picture Gallery”