Composter... Last one for the week, I promise!

Plasma Cutters can be used to make some amazing products & projects. Upload some pictures of projects you've completed using your plasma cutter.
Oldsarge
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Composter... Last one for the week, I promise!

Post by Oldsarge »

Trying to make a go of it in the shop, we may have a few wholesale buyers for these.... I think it turned out great, lots of really good features. Any feedback for improvements are always welcome!

Oldsarge
brake disc allows you to lock the drum in place while loading or unloading.
Good latch system, got the door to fit nice with the metal frame...
Good latch system, got the door to fit nice with the metal frame...
large radius wheel makes it easy to turn even when loaded down...
large radius wheel makes it easy to turn even when loaded down...
We oriented the door so we could use the bungs to make removeable/replaceable mixer bars... The EMT 3/4" fittings screw right into the threaded type bungs, and we drilled a hole on the opposite side for fittings.
We oriented the door so we could use the bungs to make removeable/replaceable mixer bars... The EMT 3/4" fittings screw right into the threaded type bungs, and we drilled a hole on the opposite side for fittings.
6x12 Home Built Table
Hypertherm PowerMax 85
CandCNC Dragon Cut 620 DTHC IV
CorelDraw X7, Sheetcam, Mach 3
"Better to attempt great things and fail than to live in the gray twilight where there is neither victory or defeat"
mekanic13
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Composter... Last one for the week, I promise!

Post by mekanic13 »

Great idea! Would you be willing to share the files for this one?

My son has started a business picking up food scraps from homes and businesses in the Cleveland area then taking it to various community gardens for composting. He uses bicycles with special trailers for the pick-ups. Right now they are manually turning over the compost in large wooden bins. These would be a big help and more efficient I think.

Mike
Oldsarge
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Oldsarge »

mekanic13 wrote:Great idea! Would you be willing to share the files for this one?

My son has started a business picking up food scraps from homes and businesses in the Cleveland area then taking it to various community gardens for composting. He uses bicycles with special trailers for the pick-ups. Right now they are manually turning over the compost in large wooden bins. These would be a big help and more efficient I think.

Mike

That's awesome! Good for your son! I'm out of the shop for the next day or two, but as soon as I get there I'll post the files and maybe a little how-to... They work really well, and will last for years!

Oldsarge
6x12 Home Built Table
Hypertherm PowerMax 85
CandCNC Dragon Cut 620 DTHC IV
CorelDraw X7, Sheetcam, Mach 3
"Better to attempt great things and fail than to live in the gray twilight where there is neither victory or defeat"
mekanic13
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by mekanic13 »

Thanks, That would be great. He was actually just on the front page of the Plain Dealer newspaper in Cleveland yesterday. A nice article about the business.

Mike

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutter Project Picture Gallery”