Tool Storage Project

Plasma Cutters can be used to make some amazing products & projects. Upload some pictures of projects you've completed using your plasma cutter.
Oldsarge
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Tool Storage Project

Post by Oldsarge »

This is a tool storage project I just finished, it stores a TON of tools that you can roll right to the area you're working in.... Files uploaded in the sharing section... I also copied an idea from my plastic socket organizer.... Took 1/4" round bar and sanded it to a steep angle. Tacked them on to a flat piece of 16g and painted black. After the paint dried, I took a carbide scribe, and etched in the socket sizes. All the guys in my Son-in-laws diesel mechanic class are begging me to make these!

Oldsarge
20140705_085942.jpg
20140705_081046.jpg
20140705_085728.jpg
6x12 Home Built Table
Hypertherm PowerMax 85
CandCNC Dragon Cut 620 DTHC IV
CorelDraw X7, Sheetcam, Mach 3
"Better to attempt great things and fail than to live in the gray twilight where there is neither victory or defeat"
wilber
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Tool Storage Project

Post by wilber »

that is a great idea... it already has my mind going. I was eyeing my neighbors wall tool box as i was going to make on like his out of plywood last year and for Christmas he made me one. On the inside of the door it has shelves with nails to hold the sockets 2 deep short out ft and deepwell in back. I could make something like yours 2 deep just etch the ft ones and make a set for me and a set for him. Thank you for posting.

just wondering did you get your roller done?
*** DynaTorch Super B 4x8 with a Hypertherm Powermax 65****
DXF
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by DXF »

Not a good design....... no beer holder! :lol: Looks great! That took a little time to design and make.

Dave Hanks
Oldsarge
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Oldsarge »

DXF wrote:Not a good design....... no beer holder! :lol: Looks great! That took a little time to design and make.

Dave Hanks

That's what the top of the cart id for now that the tools are organized!

Speaking of beer, headed home to crack open a nice cold bottle of Irish Death! thanks for the kind feedback!

Oldsarge
6x12 Home Built Table
Hypertherm PowerMax 85
CandCNC Dragon Cut 620 DTHC IV
CorelDraw X7, Sheetcam, Mach 3
"Better to attempt great things and fail than to live in the gray twilight where there is neither victory or defeat"

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutter Project Picture Gallery”