Mail box

Plasma Cutters can be used to make some amazing products & projects. Upload some pictures of projects you've completed using your plasma cutter.
DXF
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Mail box

Post by DXF »

Someone ran into my mail box post, broke it off at the base and left it for me to fix. Replaced it with a small galvanized I beam someone gave me a while back. Cut the numbers out of 18 gage stainless steel. Next one will be out of heavy pipe and filled with concrete!

Dave Hanks
Attachments
Mail box.jpg
Mail box 1.jpg
CNCCAJUN
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Mail box

Post by CNCCAJUN »

First off, your post looks really first class . . .

On another note, please no flames . . . :)

Don't want to be a "goody-goody", but please check with your local authorities regarding mailbox support methods that are allowed.

Here in Louisiana if you build anything that would cause serious damage or injury if struck you can be held responsible.

There is a guy living not far from me that got in a heck of a mess when a motorcyclist took to the ditch in front of his house at night and met with his 3" drill pipe mailbox support. The motorcyclist went after him & luckily his homeowners covered him.

Although here it is common for the mailboxes to be a little over a foot off the road . . .

Just saying . . . .
Steve
Smiling Gator Metal Works, LLC
Dynatorch 4X4 XLS
PowerMAX 85
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Craig
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Craig »

Nice job Dave, the same thing happened to me, so I cemented mine in with heavy steel. Now if someone hits my mailbox they feel some pain as well. Craig Johnson
Craig Johnson
Zippo

Post by Zippo »

looks good
DXF

Post by DXF »

Craig wrote:Nice job Dave, the same thing happened to me, so I cemented mine in with heavy steel. Now if someone hits my mailbox they feel some pain as well. Craig Johnson
My sentiments exactly! Thanks

Dave Hanks
CNCCAJUN
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by CNCCAJUN »

Does look sharp . . . doing one for our mail box with our numbers. . . wrap around a 4x4 white wooden post.

Steve

P.S.

If you have kids bashing it with a baseball bat like is common here, you can put a water bottle filled with bright colored paint on the side. When they hit it the car is marked for easy ID . . . Not to mention a little revenge . . . :D Did this in 1976 on a country road I lived on at the time . .
Smiling Gator Metal Works, LLC
Dynatorch 4X4 XLS
PowerMAX 85
Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutter Project Picture Gallery”