A fairly Large Sign 3/16" plate............

Plasma Cutters can be used to make some amazing products & projects. Upload some pictures of projects you've completed using your plasma cutter.
PlasmaDesigns
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

A fairly Large Sign 3/16" plate............

Post by PlasmaDesigns »

This was a job the big horse has 6" offsets and the smaller horses 3". It was a High School in Georgia and they wanted it to look like rust but not rust and stain the concrete below. It was installed in an outdoor atrium. I found a really cool 4 step process to create an actual rust finish but sealed to keep it from staining. The paint / chemicals were 400.00............Anyway, it was a large piece / job and I wanted to share it................Best wishes, John
SoHam.JPG
muzza
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: A fairly Large Sign 3/16" plate............

Post by muzza »

Looks good John,
I'm not sure if you can get Porters where you are but I know a lot of people use it down here with mixed results. I have seen numerous pieces where it has chipped off over time but not sure who or how they applied it. I have also seen it where it has been applied as per their instructions with excellent results, especially on non steel surfaces.
I do a fair bit in Corten and just make sure I get it aged before it's installed if leaching looks like being a problem (Aussies love the rusty look, sells way better than powder coated or painted)
Murray
http://www.porterspaints.com/paints/spe ... stant-rust
HaasMetalDesigns
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by HaasMetalDesigns »

Look nice what did you use to hang it on the wall
PlasmaDesigns
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by PlasmaDesigns »

Thanks for the tip on the corten that material does come with a price tag......To hang it I cut offsets from 1/4" welded them to the back and then made hooks with 2 anchors on each and the hooks were formed using a press brake. It's difficult to describe but they are secure......Thanks for the comments, John

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutter Project Picture Gallery”