WIN A WIRELESS REMOTE FOR YOUR PLASMA TABLE!

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
admin
Site Admin

WIN A WIRELESS REMOTE FOR YOUR PLASMA TABLE!

Post by admin »

Win a wireless remote for your plasma table just by sending us your comments and suggestions.

We are always looking to improve the site and would like your feedback.

Use this link http://www.plasmaspider.com/shop/enter.html to enter your username and suggestions and be entered to win this remote.

A winner will be chosen on March 31st. We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Larry83301
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: WIN A WIRELESS REMOTE FOR YOUR PLASMA TABLE!

Post by Larry83301 »

WOW! That would be a great thing to have.
Suggestion for the board -

I have noticed that many times I get notices of posts from several different sections of the board that I have an interest in. When I go to the board I just use the index to move from one section to another and checkout all the new posts in each of the different forums. After I get done and return to my email I then delete all the notices that are in my box as I have read ALL the new posts. After that I Never get any notices that new posts have been made. Is there a way to keep getting notices even if I did not use the latest notice for that particular forum?? Perhaps something could be added that allows the user to get updates on a forum even if they have not visited it since the last notice went out.

Larry
mdwalker
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by mdwalker »

A "LIKE" button
Danny Walker
Walker Manufacturing
Tishomingo, Oklahoma USA
www.walkermfg.net
fergy
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by fergy »

yeah I agree with mdwalker
a like button would be great
when someone uploads a dxf and a the downloads begin to climb there is allways some one that comments that allot of people have downloaded but not said thanks
in most cases I have to download to view the file and don't like to clog up the thread
so maybe a "THANKS" button would be a good thing
fergy
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

Post an explanation for the different symbols at the left edge of posts. And always have the new post or addition to posts at the top of each category on the form. Some reason under “Tech Tips” a new post may be half way down the page I can see that there are different symbols at the left edge but don’t know why??

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
dtcurare
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by dtcurare »

Have dedicated section for builds and build plans.
riddarunner
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by riddarunner »

Id like to see links to the other forums in each of the forums, so we do not have to go back to the index page to get to another forum.
storiesnsteel
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by storiesnsteel »

I have suggested a few times now having the option of multi year memberships and would like to see up to a 5 yr membership considered
Greg From Storiesnsteel
storiesnsteel
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by storiesnsteel »

I would like to also suggest some sort of download restriction only allowing members that contribute the privilege of downloading. I guess my main concern is the freeloaders that just download and never contribute. I know that there are new comers that need a few files to get started but the number of people just grabbing files seems to have increased a lot over the last year. If anything would get me discouraged enough to leave Plasma Spider I think it would be whats happening rite now in the sharing forum.
Greg From Storiesnsteel
Cbrbarnes
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Cbrbarnes »

Just ran across a post with a pic of a cool idea but no files to share. The idea was that members would "help" out and put their own touch on said project and post the results. I think a board for many different kinds of projects like this would be a welcomed addition. Thanks.
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

One problem that seems to come up with new posters is they ask about a problem but do not give the info about their system. It seem like many do not know about the signature function so why not add it to the questionnaire for the new comers that includes their system info and automatically puts that info in the signature area. Many of the first replies to questions for help are what system and software do you have.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
hacnwac
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by hacnwac »

I would like to see every file posted in the file sharing have an actual pic attached. I have downloaded many files and thanks very much for that but if there is no pic the only way to see what that file is is to download it and see. I feel as if I am mooching the system. Some of the files are incredible and when downloaded do require a cudos to the original poster but I am probably only using one file in every 10 or 20 I download. I can draw basic stuff and text after practice as well as some trace but I find it disapointing to myself to download a file I may have been able to draw and its probably disappointing to the OP to have the file downloaded multiple times with no thanks. This is only my opinion And I hope nobody gets upset.
Thanks Mark
storiesnsteel
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by storiesnsteel »

Cbrbarnes wrote:Just ran across a post with a pic of a cool idea but no files to share. The idea was that members would "help" out and put their own touch on said project and post the results. I think a board for many different kinds of projects like this would be a welcomed addition. Thanks.
Oh that's a good one get more people involved ... I like it
Greg From Storiesnsteel
MAINVIST
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by MAINVIST »

Hi!

THE DXF FILE SHARING FORUM IS A GREAT SOURCE OF DRAWING FOR PROJECT, IF IT CAN HAVE A SECTION "READY TO CUT FILE" TO AVOID THE PART FALLING FROM THE METAL SHEET OR GETTING 2 PIECES SEPARATE...

THANKS
STEVE
hacnwac
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by hacnwac »

A different forum I belong to has a world map with the locations of different members. Its kinda cool to see locations around the world and may be handy for people to see their neighbour down the road has a table too.
Mark
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks to all everyone who submitted a suggestion, we will sort through them and see what we can do to improve. At a glance it seems as though most would be happy if we just left it the way it is!

The winner of the remote was randomly drawn and the winner is cbrbarnes !

cbrbarnes please send me a PM with your delivery information and we will ship out your remote right away.

Thanks again for all the suggestions.

Admin

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”