Pterodactyl

Plasma Cutters can be used to make some amazing products & projects. Upload some pictures of projects you've completed using your plasma cutter.
DXF
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Pterodactyl

Post by DXF »

Cut this out of 18 gage stainless steel. 54" wingspan.

Dave Hanks
5.jpg
6.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
Corfabrication
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Pterodactyl

Post by Corfabrication »

Cool.
abmetal
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by abmetal »

I LIKE IT!

Allen
shinertx
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by shinertx »

DID YOU TACK THE PEASE TOGETHER OR DO THEY FIT PRETTY TIGHT SO DOES NOT FALL APART.
Samson 5x10
Designedge software
Hypertherm Powermax 65
Hypertherm powermax 380
Thermodynamics cut master 85
Jet 4' box & pan break
Eastwood Powder coating guns.
DXF

Post by DXF »

shinertx wrote:DID YOU TACK THE PEASE TOGETHER OR DO THEY FIT PRETTY TIGHT SO DOES NOT FALL APART.

I super glued it together with this glue. It took about 1 bottle to fillet weld all the slots on one side. Hold the bottle at about 45 degrees to the joint and squeeze. Lays a real nice bead of glue and sets up quick. Here's the spec sheet on it.

http://www.loctiteproducts.com/tds/SG_UG_CNTRL_tds.pdf

Dave Hanks
Craig
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Craig »

Great piece Dave, so clean, might have to try super glue again never had good luck on metal, the gel should help. Craig
Craig Johnson
MadMetal2000
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by MadMetal2000 »

Very nice love the 3D stuff
ETCWeld
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by ETCWeld »

DXF wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:02 pm Cut this out of 18 gage stainless steel. 54" wingspan.

Dave Hanks
I have a student who would love to make this. She just won a jig building contest (by a landslide) so I told her to come up with a project she wanted to make. She said she really liked dinosaurs and wanted to make a Pterodactyl. I told her I didn't have it and she said she saw it while I was looking for the Velociraptor piece she made the shop last week.

I logged in, she typed "Pterodactyl" and bam! this came up... She fell in love with it. I told her since she won the contest I would ask if the dxf is available. SO I'm asking... Is the dxf available? If so I would really appreciate the dl.

Thanks in advance for even considering it. I am willing to buy the file so long as its about the same price as the lunch I owe her for winning the contest.
DXF

Post by DXF »

ETCWeld wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:24 pm
DXF wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:02 pm Cut this out of 18 gage stainless steel. 54" wingspan.

Dave Hanks
I have a student who would love to make this. She just won a jig building contest (by a landslide) so I told her to come up with a project she wanted to make. She said she really liked dinosaurs and wanted to make a Pterodactyl. I told her I didn't have it and she said she saw it while I was looking for the Velociraptor piece she made the shop last week.

I logged in, she typed "Pterodactyl" and bam! this came up... She fell in love with it. I told her since she won the contest I would ask if the dxf is available. SO I'm asking... Is the dxf available? If so I would really appreciate the dl.

Thanks in advance for even considering it. I am willing to buy the file so long as its about the same price as the lunch I owe her for winning the contest.
Here it is.....https://www.makecnc.com/flugsaurier-archosaurier.php

Dave Hanks
ETCWeld
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by ETCWeld »

Awesome! Thank you!

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutter Project Picture Gallery”