Farm Gate

Plasma Cutters can be used to make some amazing products & projects. Upload some pictures of projects you've completed using your plasma cutter.
DXF
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Farm Gate

Post by DXF »

A friend of mine who owns a weld shop built this. It is 18' wide x 6' 7" tall and the letters are .125" thick x 12" high. He's going to mount an old steel wagon wheel in the ring after powder coating. I'll post pictures when the gate is installed. I told him I was going to brag on his welds. Ain't they nice? I cut the letters from some files on a disc that cost $300. Spent 2 hours fixing them before cutting them. Not because I'm a perfectionist but because they weren't cut ready. Isn't that ridiculous? I refuse to slap things together just to make a buck. When I decide to sell my files they will be of the highest quality availible. I have well over 500 dxf files I will be selling in the future.

Dave Hanks
Stone Mountain Art
http://www.stonemountainart.com
Attachments
Gate.jpg
Gate 1.jpg
Gate 2.jpg
Gate 3.jpg
Gate weld.jpg
Gate weld 1.jpg
plasmajoe
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Farm Gate

Post by plasmajoe »

Very nice work Dave, and nice weld on the alluminium.

Plasma Joe
Burnt
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Burnt »

That is very nice. it will look heavy but be light at the same time. What go's in the center circle?
DXF

Post by DXF »

Burnt wrote:That is very nice. it will look heavy but be light at the same time. What go's in the center circle?
If you look at the left end of his weld table there is an old steel wagon wheel leaning against it. That's what will go in the ring. He built this from a rough sketch (I mean a very rough sketch). It is all aluminum and believe it or not I lifted up one end of it. After it's powder coated black next week he's going to install it with a remote control opener. I'll post pictures. Some lady saw it and took pictures. She wants one similar to it for their farm. I told him he's going to be a "busy boy". He's one of the best welder/fabricators I've ever met and I've met some real good ones!

Dave Hanks
shinertx
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by shinertx »

DXF wrote:A friend of mine who owns a weld shop built this. It is 18' wide x 6' 7" tall and the letters are .125" thick x 12" high. He's going to mount an old steel wagon wheel in the ring after powder coating. I'll post pictures when the gate is installed. I told him I was going to brag on his welds. Ain't they nice? I cut the letters from some files on a disc that cost $300. Spent 2 hours fixing them before cutting them. Not because I'm a perfectionist but because they weren't cut ready. Isn't that ridiculous? I refuse to slap things together just to make a buck. When I decide to sell my files they will be of the highest quality availible. I have well over 500 dxf files I will be selling in the future.

Dave Hanks
Stone Mountain Art
http://www.stonemountainart.com
very nice I will have to make use of my old wheels have 5 of them lying around.
Samson 5x10
Designedge software
Hypertherm Powermax 65
Hypertherm powermax 380
Thermodynamics cut master 85
Jet 4' box & pan break
Eastwood Powder coating guns.
bigcreek
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by bigcreek »

very very nice!
redduke
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by redduke »

Looking forward to you selling designs and for making sure that they are quality and ready to cut - nothing worse than dealing with fixing someone else's files when you've bought them and invest more time than it was worth! Nice gate too :)
DXF

Post by DXF »

redduke wrote:Looking forward to you selling designs and for making sure that they are quality and ready to cut - nothing worse than dealing with fixing someone else's files when you've bought them and invest more time than it was worth! Nice gate too :)
Thanks. I have decided not to sell files. I don't need the problem of others sharing my files. I have received a lot of pm's from others wanting to buy files. Don't need the hassle!

Dave Hanks

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutter Project Picture Gallery”