Full 3D Eagle

Plasma Cutters can be used to make some amazing products & projects. Upload some pictures of projects you've completed using your plasma cutter.
Sampson Jones
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Full 3D Eagle

Post by Sampson Jones »

I almost like the raw one better than the painted. I d be interested in the dxf also, again kickass work!
My design , 4ft x 8 ft water table
CandCNC electronics
Hypertherm powermax 65
Command Lineux
Super z 2
Sheetcam
Inkscape and corel draw
34chev
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by 34chev »

You are a true artist. Very nice
RobertJohnson
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by RobertJohnson »

Great JOB! I think both, before powder and after look amazing! Inspiring for sure. ;)
COWBOY
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by COWBOY »

Excellent work, and I do not just give away praises.
Buzzard Gut
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Buzzard Gut »

Dido to all! Excellent Job!!!!! And you must have a lot of patience !!!!
The older I get, The better it was!
BobbyDale
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by BobbyDale »

My name is Bobby Dale and I am the man who asked Brother Mike Monroe if he would use his unlimited talent to create a 3D Eagle to be placed on the top of the Vietnam Veterans' Memorial here in Kennewick,Washington. This memorial project is being constructed by the members of the Combat Veterans international (CVI) Motorcycle Org. Chapter 3 of which I have been a member for over 12 years.
When I first had the thought of the Eagle there was only one man that came to mind and he is the only man I called to make this happen. Brother Mike and i have been friends for several years, as i do the classic rock music for him and the Hermiston Car Club as I have for many years, We truly are Family. Even though Brother Mike is fighting for his very life due to cancer he would not give up until the Eagle project was completed. I tried on many occassions to convince him to postpone the project until such time as he was well enough to continue. My request was denied by Mike and throughout his treatment he continiued until it was finished. Mike and lovely bride travel several times a month to Phoenix, Az. for his treatment and still would not give up. The Eagle will be palced atop the flag pole ONLY when Mike can be here to see his beautiful work put into place, which we all pray will be sometime around the week of the 18 Jul.
I have not the words to express what his talent and undying devotion to his "Word", means to me except to say "My Heartfelt gratitude, admiration,and Love for him as a Brother and close Friend. I pray for his healing each and everyday. Mike you are the kind of man I have strived to be all my life. A man of Honor and true to your word. A man of the "Old School" of which I am a proud member.

God Bless you My Brother and Friend.

Bobby Dale
Sampson Jones

Post by Sampson Jones »

Wow , keep up the fight , what a fine example of determination
My design , 4ft x 8 ft water table
CandCNC electronics
Hypertherm powermax 65
Command Lineux
Super z 2
Sheetcam
Inkscape and corel draw
RevvedAC
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by RevvedAC »

Very Cool! Great work!
shinertx

Post by shinertx »

mike m wrote:A few months ago, I was asked if I would build a full 3d eagle for the top of the vietnam memorial flag pole in the tri-cites Washington. I have never built anything like that, before so I wasn't sure if I could, but I never turn down a challenge. This is what I came up with, still needs to be powder coated so I will post more pictures after its complete. The head and tail will come off and be done in white. The body will be black. I also have glass eyes to be installed after powder coating is done. P.S. the body I started with was a practice Navy bomb shell of the boardman bombing range <see picture> I then had a nice solid starting point to attach the legs, wings and all the feathers. I just finished powder coating < see pictures>. The eagle will be presented to the Vietnam committee on July 3rd and then will be mounted on top the flag pole a few days later. I will post pictures after its on the flag pole.

ok mike now that I see you have a couple of fords in the back ground model A and a old ford f1 now I need to see more pictures of your rides. oh and nice work on the eagle I just happen to see one the other day in a field eating something while all the other birds wait till he is done.
Samson 5x10
Designedge software
Hypertherm Powermax 65
Hypertherm powermax 380
Thermodynamics cut master 85
Jet 4' box & pan break
Eastwood Powder coating guns.
chasxjs
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by chasxjs »

Fantastic work! Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Charles
Shopsmith Lathe
Multiple saws, welders, etc.
muzza
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by muzza »

Just a note, this is an old thread that has been brought forward.
Mike hasn't logged on here since December 21st 2012, lets just hope thing went well for him.
Murray
chasxjs

Post by chasxjs »

Didn't notice the dates. Thanks muzza
Charles
Shopsmith Lathe
Multiple saws, welders, etc.

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutter Project Picture Gallery”