Grave Marker

Plasma Cutters can be used to make some amazing products & projects. Upload some pictures of projects you've completed using your plasma cutter.
wickedinhere
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Grave Marker

Post by wickedinhere »

I decided to put it back up because i dont think i have done anything wrong no profit was made.
I was under the impression that i can cut anything i want as long as i dont sell or profit from it.
Last edited by wickedinhere on Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
metalart
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Grave Marker

Post by metalart »

Thanks for sharing
DARRYL21270
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by DARRYL21270 »

That's cool but isn't that the OCC chopper which is copyrighted?
Attachments
occ_logo.png
occ_logo.png (5.73 KiB) Viewed 4351 times
wickedinhere
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by wickedinhere »

Yes OCC is copy righted that being said i did this as a donation. This guy didnt have a grave marker and his family didnt have the money for a head stone so i stepped up and made this. The guy like choppers and raced motorcycles so i used the occ logo. In the future i suggest you pm a person instead of trying to call them out in the forum acting as the copyright police.
DARRYL21270
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by DARRYL21270 »

I wasn't trying to call out anyone it was just a question. Anyone can clearly see it's their logo and since they use water jet and plasma cutting machines then there may be a chance that someone who works there could come across this thread and put the admins of the site in a bit of a pickle for allowing people to post copyrighted material. What does money have to do with using a different motorcycle when there are 1000's of copyright free motorcycle silhouettes available online?
wickedinhere
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: delete

Post by wickedinhere »

Oh geez i give up. You better stop making cut outs of cadillacs cause General Motors might see it cause its clearly a cadillac. Kawasaki might have somethng to say also. I dont understand how you can cut out cadillacs and charge for that but i cant cut the occ logo for free?
DARRYL21270
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by DARRYL21270 »

The difference is that I drew them and they are interpretations. Maybe OCC will understand your reasoning for using their logo since they are involved with lots of charities and donate tons of money . Have a nice day.
RobertJohnson
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by RobertJohnson »

It's tough, copyrights and trademarks and such. Don't get upset, just take it as a friendly gesture to save you from being sued out the wazoo. I wish the laws were easier, but everyone wants to be paid or recognized for their creativity. If you came up with this killer design, and posted it on here just to show everyone, but you didn't want to share the dxf, and someone down the block from you started pumping out 20 or more of them for say 10 bux a POP, and you wanted to charge 20, they just stole your business and your design. That would suck. They took money out of your picket, and that's what the big company lawyers see, you stole from their client. Now they're gonna get it anyway they can.

Are there people that get away with copyright infringement, sure, is it right? No. I have people ask me for files that I've bought and paid for, and they just want a file from the disc, I say Hell No, there's a thing called a EULA, if you buy a disc with a bunch of dxf or cdrs or whatever, you should read the EULA. End User License Agreement. It's the agreement you made with the person that sold you the files.

Don't take this as me picking on you, its just kindly looking out for you. I laugh when I see HarleyDavidson cutouts, cause I highly doubt they got permission to sell that. There's someone here locally that is advertising Harley signs on Craigslist, I really don't care, but if Harley lawyers find out, its gonna suck for that guy LOL people think if they take out a node or a line from a dxf file or a picture, that its their design. Nope, that does not make it your design.

Anyways, I often wonder how tattoo artists get away with copyright infringement...
DARRYL21270
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by DARRYL21270 »

I'm also not picking on you. I know from experience because I got a letter fro HD's legal department a few months back asking me to remove the one Harley item I had listed on Etsy. At least they had the decency to send me a letter but others might not be as nice and just have someone serve you.
wickedinhere
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by wickedinhere »

I understand about copyrights for the most part but i am not selling copyrighted material. I dont think anyone is picking on me its just some people jump at the chance to call someone out.
RobertJohnson
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by RobertJohnson »

I love this site, but I also don't like, just cause if you post a pic of an original design, someone can snag it up. So, I don't really post originals. You want to show off your talent, but when some people are really good at copying, its a catch 22. I want my stuff to be original, but its nice to get inspired. But, I don't want to be so inspired that my style turns into someone else's.

Just hard sometimes to be original, if you think its bad with metal artists, you should go over to the airbrush side. Those people Whine A Lot!!! And it makes me so mad cause the stuff some of them paint looks just like the stuff joeblow painted, and when you paint something they run scream and cry murder! Why sell stencils if you don't want someone to paint something like you did? Trust me its a fine line with some people. One artist Trademarked True Fire, so no one in the airbrush community can sell stencils marketed as True Fire! He'll sue LOL so frustrating!
Chopper John
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Chopper John »

He didn't post the cut file and he wasn't offering to sell the piece, he posted a picture of something he cut, what's the problem?
Chopper John
Mad City Cycles, Inc.

"Every piece of paper has two good sides... Unless you use magic marker then you're f*cked."
Gogitter
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Gogitter »

I am glad I seen the picture before you deleted it. I think what you did was a very nice gesture for a family who deserved it.

I really do not think posting this picture is going to get the Admin or his site in hot water. I would hope Admin weighs in and the picture is reposted. We almost lost a member to similar crap, I am really glad that whole episode did not sour him to this site. I hope it does not sour the OP.
CandCNC Electronic
Hypertherm Powermax1000
Mach 3
Sheetcam
CorelDrawx5
LDR 4X8 table
SCHIDTHEAD

Post by SCHIDTHEAD »

FER THE LOVE OF PEARL!!!

I completely agree with Chopper and Gogitter; Admin made it clear to contact them and they would deal with any situations like this...and I believe it was directed to you darrel. :shock: Your original post was a very delicate pussyfoot to call him the second you saw the logo just like the last flame you were in. You even ran off the site to grab a OCC logo from cyberville; or no! you had that copyrighted logo in your files. :lol: Man up, dont pussyfoot around your flames, say whats on your mind in a PM for pete's sake and appologize when your wrong!

I didn't see the pic but knowing wicked's werk, I know it was kickin. I think Senor would be proud that his logo was used for that.
"Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one."--Thomas Paine 1776
wickedinhere
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by wickedinhere »

Yeah if there is a problem with it just report it and let the admin decide what to do. Some people on here like to jump at the chance to call someone out and that really gets me going. I have tons of files that i have bought and would never share them, and i could have used another motorcycle but i wanted something simple and cool.
ctorres3120
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by ctorres3120 »

Thanks for sharing, I see nothing wrong with your photo, you're not the first to have problems with this gentleman, stand that is a way to draw the attention.
It was he who published the OCC logo.
Carlos
CorelDrawX4
MasterCam
SheetCam
Mach3
PlasmaCNC 6x6 Table
Hypertherm PowerMax 1250

http://www.facebook.com/ctorresp?ref=tn_tnmn
DARRYL21270
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by DARRYL21270 »

Coming from the guy who constantly posts clip art off the internet.
steelfx
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by steelfx »

Wickedinhere did a good thing for someone. I applaud that.
Last edited by steelfx on Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ctorres3120

Post by ctorres3120 »

darryl,I hope you do not have it on your computer any of my files and posted, because you say you are not original and I like your designs AR15 and the T-Rex :D
Carlos
CorelDrawX4
MasterCam
SheetCam
Mach3
PlasmaCNC 6x6 Table
Hypertherm PowerMax 1250

http://www.facebook.com/ctorresp?ref=tn_tnmn
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No one brought this situation to my attention and I just stumbled across this now which is disappointing. I am not able to read every thread and rely on others to help out. The correct way to handle a situation like this is to bring it to my attention. Contacting me or reporting the post is very easy to do in comparison to the effort spent calling out others. Please give me the opportunity to handle threads like this so we can reduce the negativity posted and assist our members when they need it.

Admin
PlasmaDesigns
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by PlasmaDesigns »

For what it's worth, when I first started out with my machine I was busted for copyright infringement by a college (CLEMSON). Lawers were involved and it almost shut me down. Excluding legal fees I had to pay the college 1,100.00 plus allow them to audit my books and pay 10% of all sales in addition to the fine. I can't tell you how many Harley shields I have turned down it's over 100...........If you know it's not legal just keep it under the radar. It's like smoking pot you don't do that on the street corner, (well maybe in CO) ;) I just ordered a drone with 1.5 mile distance and you sure as hell won't see me calling the FAA before I punch through the clouds periodically.................. :lol: I wish you all a Merry Christmas, John
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by beefy »

PlasmaDesigns wrote:For what it's worth, when I first started out with my machine I was busted for copyright infringement by a college (CLEMSON). Lawers were involved and it almost shut me down. Excluding legal fees I had to pay the college 1,100.00 plus allow them to audit my books and pay 10% of all sales in addition to the fine. I can't tell you how many Harley shields I have turned down it's over 100...........If you know it's not legal just keep it under the radar. It's like smoking pot you don't do that on the street corner, (well maybe in CO) ;) I just ordered a drone with 1.5 mile distance and you sure as hell won't see me calling the FAA before I punch through the clouds periodically.................. :lol: I wish you all a Merry Christmas, John
Thanks for that info John, never hurts to be reminded of what CAN happen in this game.

Keith.
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019
CNCCAJUN
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by CNCCAJUN »

Not exactly the same, but they just busted a Mexican Restaurant 5 miles from me because neither they or the live bands playing there did not pay royalties. They are going to have to shut down because of the fines . .

Seems Jimmy Buffett does not want anyone singing about margaritas & cheeseburgers but him . . . :D
Smiling Gator Metal Works, LLC
Dynatorch 4X4 XLS
PowerMAX 85
Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutter Project Picture Gallery”