Help once more

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
BensPlasmaAu
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Help once more

Post by BensPlasmaAu »

Hi again all, I have remade my drive gears. They are now keyed properly so no slack in the drives any more.

My next issue happens where the machine is cutting ok. It cuts the first few parts and then it gets to do the z axis touch off. It sees the z axis switch offset but it doesnt stop sending the z axis downwards. As it sits now i have powered off the CandCNC black box and the Mach3 screen is still showing the z axis moving. When i power the box back up, it is still sending a signal to the motor and it continues on down. Its like its just stuck in the downwards direction. The gcode for where it started going wrong is this

M900 (check for z active)
G28.1z0.50 (start toich off)
G92 Z0.0
G00 Z3.800
M03
G01 Z1.5 F100.0
S20 (DTHC IS ON)
G02 X290.882 Y342.407 I-0.907 J-5.039 F8890

and so on for the cut and it does start to move the x and y. Also, i cannot stop the motor drives from mach3 using the stop, ESC button on the keyboard etc. The only way i can stop the motor from running is by completely powering off the black box. Then it goes back to normal. I have just tested the z axis switch and it registers in Mach3 as turning on and off.

I am.about to turn the DTHC off and run it without and see what happens.

Im thinking that there is something wrong with the CandCNC controller internally. Like a relay on the driver is not allowing the motor drive to stop.

Whats everyones thoughts?
Home built 3400 x 1400mm (11 and a bit X a bit over 4.5 feet)
Hypertherm Powermax 45
CandCNC Bladerunner IV
Some air dryer off the internet
Another water seperator I found unused on a shelf
Refrigerated air dryer
BensPlasmaAu
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Help once more

Post by BensPlasmaAu »

Update. Have just completed the cut without the DTHC. No problems at all. Must be something to do with the DTHC monster. I will take some pictures of screens for my settings. Maybe there is something to be found in that.
Hypertherm Powermax 45
CandCNC Bladerunner IV
Refrigerated air dryer
BensPlasmaAu
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by BensPlasmaAu »

Photos of my screens after i did the cut with the DTHC off.
FB_IMG_1472198560809.jpg
FB_IMG_1472198565422.jpg
FB_IMG_1472198569546.jpg
FB_IMG_1472198573392.jpg
FB_IMG_1472198577445.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Hypertherm Powermax 45
CandCNC Bladerunner IV
Refrigerated air dryer
exapprentice
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by exapprentice »

Hi Ben
One thing that looks odd is your switch offset number's assuming you're running in metric that offset seems really small :o
What numbers are you putting in the post settings in SheetCam for your offset :?: only a thought.

What happens when/if you do a ref Z over the material does it stop and zero out the DRO??

What does the diagnostic page show for the Z switch LED when you run the file, is it showing that the Z home is being triggered.

Sounds like for some reason the software is not seeing the Z home and Carries on trying to find the top of the material.
Absolute nightmare when you're working on your own and things go upside down I know what you are going through
Best Regards to all
Exapprentice :D
(Pete)
10'x5' DIY table / PM 45XP + M/C Torch - Trying to add 4 axis Tube cutting :(
Linux/CommandCandCNC MP3600 / PN200 / DCP-01 / PWM
Solid Edge, Inkscape, SheetCam, Scananything & Andonstar USB Microscope
tubby
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by tubby »

Hey Ben.
Where abouts in aus are you?
BensPlasmaAu
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by BensPlasmaAu »

exapprentice wrote:Hi Ben
One thing that looks odd is your switch offset number's assuming you're running in metric that offset seems really small :o
What numbers are you putting in the post settings in SheetCam for your offset :?: only a thought.

What happens when/if you do a ref Z over the material does it stop and zero out the DRO??

What does the diagnostic page show for the Z switch LED when you run the file, is it showing that the Z home is being triggered.

Sounds like for some reason the software is not seeing the Z home and Carries on trying to find the top of the material.
Absolute nightmare when you're working on your own and things go upside down I know what you are going through
That has me wondering as well. The switch offset is about 1.6mm anyway. I have tested it numerous times and it seems to actually work correctly. Not sure about the problem though.

I just ran the machine again today with the DTHC on and it ran sweet as anything. Right up to the point where the electrode shit itself. A thought to the problem might be i had a shit earth for the plasma??

I put through 3 sheets of 1.6 with a new tip and old electrode. I think when the electrode went it took the tip out too. Oh well they are both new now, i should see how good things are with the refrigerated dryer and get some longevity out of it.

So much head scratching goes on in the workshop. Its just me trying to work stuff out and keeping motivated. It seems the machine is working, its just doing what the operator tells it. Unfortunately the operator doesn't really know whats going on all the time.
Hypertherm Powermax 45
CandCNC Bladerunner IV
Refrigerated air dryer
BensPlasmaAu
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by BensPlasmaAu »

tubby wrote:Hey Ben.
Where abouts in aus are you?
In Melbourne, Boronia to be precise.
Hypertherm Powermax 45
CandCNC Bladerunner IV
Refrigerated air dryer

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”