magnetic torch breakaway

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
snagcreek
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

magnetic torch breakaway

Post by snagcreek »

I have a P CAM 4x4 table. I am using a Hypertherm PowerMax 1000 G3 with a T 60 hand torch. Is there a magnetic breakaway that I can use with this setup. If not is there a better option then the screw clamps that I have right now other than purchasing a machine torch.

thanks for any info
Snag Creek
BrianMick
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: magnetic torch breakaway

Post by BrianMick »

Re: Question about Powermax 65 for Jim Colt

Postby jimcolt ? Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:05 am
Sorry I wasn't able to respond quicker...at the Fabtech show in Chicago all week....and time is hard to find!

So, to summarize:

-Powermax65 will cut thinner materials better than the 45 as it has the FineCut consumable capability. It also uses the newer technology Duramax torch....longer consumable life and cleaner, squarer cuts on thicker materials.

-When using the machine torch on a cnc machine (like PlasmaCam), the rear panel CPC interface receptacle is active. This makes for a proper, safe electrical interface between the plasma and the CNC machine. On PlasmaCam this can be achieved with a plug and play cable.....no wiring mods. The CPC port is standard on a 45, is optional on a 65....but can be added in the field if yours does is not equipped.

-If you figured out the time savings as well as the improved cut quality (edge squareness) and the longer torch life (designed to handle the abuse of cnc machine cutting)....the additional cost of the machine torch will pay for itself. Hand torches are designed and wired for hand cutting, machine torches for machine cutting.

Here is a picture of mine.....has been running like this for 3 years, wouldn't have it any other way.

Jim Colt Hypertherm

Attachments

new pics 013.jpg

jimcolt

BrianMick

Re: magnetic torch breakaway

Post by BrianMick »

Re: Question about Powermax 65 for Jim Colt

Postby jimcolt ? Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:05 am
Sorry I wasn't able to respond quicker...at the Fabtech show in Chicago all week....and time is hard to find!

So, to summarize:

-Powermax65 will cut thinner materials better than the 45 as it has the FineCut consumable capability. It also uses the newer technology Duramax torch....longer consumable life and cleaner, squarer cuts on thicker materials.

-When using the machine torch on a cnc machine (like PlasmaCam), the rear panel CPC interface receptacle is active. This makes for a proper, safe electrical interface between the plasma and the CNC machine. On PlasmaCam this can be achieved with a plug and play cable.....no wiring mods. The CPC port is standard on a 45, is optional on a 65....but can be added in the field if yours does is not equipped.

-If you figured out the time savings as well as the improved cut quality (edge squareness) and the longer torch life (designed to handle the abuse of cnc machine cutting)....the additional cost of the machine torch will pay for itself. Hand torches are designed and wired for hand cutting, machine torches for machine cutting.

Here is a picture of mine.....has been running like this for 3 years, wouldn't have it any other way.

Jim Colt Hypertherm

Attachments

new pics 013.jpg

jimcolt

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”