FlachCut CNC version 6

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
Black Forest
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

FlachCut CNC version 6

Post by Black Forest »

Are any of you using FlashCut version 6 on your plasma tables? This software seems really slick. Almost too easy. It has the Hypertherm cut chart criteria loaded I believe. So that simplifies things some.

The whole system looks really easy to implement on a table. I must be missing something! Probably not the least expensive solution but for simplicity's sake that ought to be worth something.

I really hope someone on here is using it and can give a review.
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: FlachCut CNC version 6

Post by jimcolt »

Flashcut has a very nice user friendly software as well as hardware package for new machines or to upgrade older machines (especially Torchmate machines!). Integrated height control, excellent operator interface. Check out their web site! Jim Colt
NWILL
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by NWILL »

I have been using it for a few months now. It definitely isn't the cheapest but I wanted something all in one. It's awesome switching between CAD/CAM/CNC with one click. The all in one has a few drawbacks. The CAD isn't as full featured as a standalone program and nether is the CAM, but I haven't ran into anything I couldn't make yet.
gamble
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by gamble »

Yep I love it
Some features you would think are standard are not but overall it's awesome. I need to upgrade to pro to export to dxf
Curved lead ins are great too
Torchmate 2x2 - Flashcut
Powermax 45 - Machine torch
Taig CNC Mill - Flashcut
Razorweld Distributor
Black Forest
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Black Forest »

Thanks for the replies. I am a little surprised that Flashcut doesn't have comprehensive videos out on the Version 6. I have downloaded the software and poked around in it. It all most seems too good to be true!
jimcolt

Post by jimcolt »

They had a lot of interest at the Fabtech show last week. Looks like they put a lot of work into the graphical user interface for ease of use. Jim
Redneck
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Redneck »

Anyone know the hot key command to "start" the cnc from a keyboard? I have the other ones I need, but haven't found how to start it from the keyboard.
NWILL
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by NWILL »

Redneck wrote:Anyone know the hot key command to "start" the cnc from a keyboard? I have the other ones I need, but haven't found how to start it from the keyboard.
Which ones have you figured out so far?
jimcolt

Post by jimcolt »

How about calling Flashcut? I'm sure they can provide you a list of all Hot Keys. They are great people to work with. Jim Colt Hypertherm
Drewnielson
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Drewnielson »

Redneck wrote:Anyone know the hot key command to "start" the cnc from a keyboard? I have the other ones I need, but haven't found how to start it from the keyboard.
Have you figured this out yet? I called them and they seemed very reluctant to tell me what it was.
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

Do you mean actually power up the motors? Being able to do that from software seems to present a safety hazard. I can see being able to shut down from the keyboard and E-STOP but kinda risky to power up from a hot key (?)
Drewnielson
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Drewnielson »

tcaudle wrote:Do you mean actually power up the motors? Being able to do that from software seems to present a safety hazard. I can see being able to shut down from the keyboard and E-STOP but kinda risky to power up from a hot key (?)
I am reading the original quote as being able to hit the "play" button from a hot key. If I can stop the machine from my remote I do not see it any more risky than hitting play from the console. My main purpose for being able to do that is if I am on the far side of my machine fixing an issue of what ever kind I do not want to walk all the way back to the console just to have to walk back to the problem area and make sure all is well. Note I am running FlashCut that has been retrofit on a Koike Plate Pro 5' x 20'. To back my point FlashCut will sell you a pendant that does this very thing. It has 20 keys (allows for something like 38 functions) that through the custom configuration in the FlashCut software allows you to run almost every function(including "G-Code Start") They must feel that it is plenty safe.....

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”