Newish Member from PA

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
philb86
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Newish Member from PA

Post by philb86 »

Hello all,

Ive been reading and browsing this forum for quite some time now while I was researching whether I wanted to build or purchase a table. After all that research I decided that I was going to purchase a table, and decided on a 4 x 4 Water Bladder table from LDR Motion Systems with a PM65. I can recommend him as a manufacturer as it was a pleasure dealing with during the build and up to training and picking the table up. He is always quick to respond to emails and very helpful in any issues that Ive had this far since picking my table up the end of March.

All the posts here have been a great help as well in getting up to speed cutting, although I have quite a ways to go yet to say that I am satisfied with my abilities, reading through issues and what every one has done has been a great help here.

As I continue to learn more, I am going to start teaching my wife to run the table so that she can work on things while I am at my day job as a process engineer.

This is where my question comes in to all the guys that are successfully running a full time or even part business with the plasma tables. My wife and I have decided on a business name and logo, and want to move forward to create an llc so we can start advertising things, as most everything we done thus far has been for friends and family. We want to go the Llc route and go legit to start bringing in more business through the advertising.

So everyone that has gone the Llc route, how long did you wait before you applied for it? Are there any nuances through the process that would make it easier that you encountered? Any other advice that you can offer?

I appreciate everyones time, and hope to hear from some of the great members on this forum.

Ive attached a few pictures of what I am working with at the moment and a few of the projects I have worked on so far.

Thanks.
Phil B.
20170507_193154.jpg
20170507_193206.jpg
Butterfly.jpg
20170511_204209.jpg
20170607_214207.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Newish Member from PA

Post by tcaudle »

What makes an LLC more professional than a sole proprietorship? If you are worried about someone getting hurt from one of your designs the LLC will protect your personal assets but not the company assets. It protects you from certain lawsuits but not from all of your actions if they prove to be grossly negligent. It forces you (based on what State you are in) to file added paperwork and to be careful to keep separate books if you do want the protections of Limited liability. It perks up the local governments as to possible commercial activity in a non-commercial area.

You can get an LLC for about 500 bucks and a couple of weeks from any of the online legal sites but remember, its like giving birth and you can't just decided to close it some day without doing the paperwork with the state and feds.

If you are looking to take on partners and share ownership by all means consider a corporate structure. If you are looking to build your business the best way to do that is have good products , good service and fair pricing. Websites and facebook get you exposure but satisfied customers are diamonds. Don't get discouraged if you make things and people don't want them. The market is really fickle and some things sell better in some areas than others. Most of all: Enjoy what you do!
philb86
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by philb86 »

tcaudle,

Thank you for the insight. Ive followed many posts where you have been a great help to me and many others, so thank you for that as well. I hope to hear from other members as well.
philb86
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by philb86 »

Any one else have anything or situations they ran into that could be of help?

Thanks.

Phil

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”