hypertherm powermax65 issue

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
rhinoplasma
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

hypertherm powermax65 issue

Post by rhinoplasma »

Hello my friends This morning I turned on the equipment and the screen for the plasma said fault error 22. Normally when this would happen it was because the valve for the compressor was not turned on. This time the error would not clear. I changed some hoses and reconnected and nothing is happening. I opened up the system to see if I saw anything that might raise a red flag and everything seems normal. What did catch my attention is that the pressure switch is leaking air between the connectors but I don't know if that is normal or not. If I could get some help I would really appreciate it. The pressure of the compressor is the same as usual so no problem there.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

djreiswig
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: hypertherm powermax65 issue

Post by djreiswig »

I'd say you found your problem. Could probably jumper the wires to the switch to see if that clears the fault. I definitely wouldn't run it that way, though.
2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
rhinoplasma
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by rhinoplasma »

djreiswig wrote:I'd say you found your problem. Could probably jumper the wires to the switch to see if that clears the fault. I definitely wouldn't run it that way, though.

hello my friend thank for your help,
can the jumper process cause any damage to the system?
djreiswig

Post by djreiswig »

I did some more reading on the pressure sensor and it appears that it outputs a variable voltage depending on the air pressure. I don't believe it would hurt to jumper it out. There is a test in the service manual on how to check the sensor by going into the diagnostic screen.
PM65 service manual air sensor test.pdf
My cutter doesn't leak any air internally, so I would still replace the sensor.

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

I strongly suggest that you contact Hypertherm technical service before jumpering the pressure switch. Error 22 indicates no input gas pressure.....and if you fire the torch under that condition you can cause damage.

technical.service@hypertherm.com or 1 800 643 9878

Have you verified air pressure at the inlet to the plasma (with a gauge installed right at the inlet?) Jim Colt Hypertherm

rhinoplasma wrote:Hello my friends This morning I turned on the equipment and the screen for the plasma said fault error 22. Normally when this would happen it was because the valve for the compressor was not turned on. This time the error would not clear. I changed some hoses and reconnected and nothing is happening. I opened up the system to see if I saw anything that might raise a red flag and everything seems normal. What did catch my attention is that the pressure switch is leaking air between the connectors but I don't know if that is normal or not. If I could get some help I would really appreciate it. The pressure of the compressor is the same as usual so no problem there.

rhinoplasma
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by rhinoplasma »

hello Jim, thank for your help, We are in south america, specifically in venezuela and here many companies have left the country because of the political situation, that is why we have to solve the problem in this way, I would be grateful if you can help me to identify the problem. We check the air intake and everything is normal, the equipment only said fault error 22.

Could be the switch pressure is broken?

jimcolt wrote:I strongly suggest that you contact Hypertherm technical service before jumpering the pressure switch. Error 22 indicates no input gas pressure.....and if you fire the torch under that condition you can cause damage.

technical.service@hypertherm.com or 1 800 643 9878

Have you verified air pressure at the inlet to the plasma (with a gauge installed right at the inlet?) Jim Colt Hypertherm

rhinoplasma wrote:Hello my friends This morning I turned on the equipment and the screen for the plasma said fault error 22. Normally when this would happen it was because the valve for the compressor was not turned on. This time the error would not clear. I changed some hoses and reconnected and nothing is happening. I opened up the system to see if I saw anything that might raise a red flag and everything seems normal. What did catch my attention is that the pressure switch is leaking air between the connectors but I don't know if that is normal or not. If I could get some help I would really appreciate it. The pressure of the compressor is the same as usual so no problem there.

jimcolt

Post by jimcolt »

I am not tech service, please contact technical service at the email and phone number I supplied. Jim Colt Hypertherm

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”