Dynatorch or Plasmacam?

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
John Frantum
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Dynatorch or Plasmacam?

Post by John Frantum »

I've been looking at a variety of tables and I think I've narrowed it down to two that look the best (I'm not quite setup to do DIY quite yet, but that is something for future consideration) but it would be great to hear from current users to help make the decision.

I plan on using a Hypertherm Powermax 65 or 85 torch with whichever I decide on.

Also, has anyone tried the Dynatorch laser products?

Thanks in advance for your input!
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Dynatorch or Plasmacam?

Post by rdj357 »

Absolutely spot on with the Hypertherm. Get the 85 unless you just want to save a few bucks, nice to have the power when and if you need it. I wish I had the 85 to pierce 3/4 and not have to edge start.

I am very happy with the experience I've had with the 5x10 PlasmaCam. They are an integrated solution and their CAD/CAM is integrated so you don't have to fumble around with 2, 3, or 4 programs to get what you want done. For comparison shopping, you will want the advanced design, advanced height, and advanced machine software upgrades for the best performance. Getting a machine torch, Boss or Snap-N-Cut mount, CPC port on the plasma, and a plug and play cable from PJ Metalfab makes the torch installation a breeze.

I know nothing of Dynatorch but I know you can search the threads here and find many discussions on what tables folks have and what they like and don't like about their tables. People like to hate on PlasmaCam but they've sold a lot of tables and have a lot of happy customers so just do all your research and plan plan plan.
John Frantum
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by John Frantum »

Thanks Robert, I appreciate your input.

I'm looking hard at all options, I like the construction of the Dynatorch table, the dual track linear bearings and such, but I would rather see ball screws rather than a belt drive.
I can't seem to find much in the way of specifications for Plasmacam, their information on their website is limited and leaves me with a lot of questions.

I'm definitely in the planning stage, my boss is trying to talk me into an Amada 2000W fiber optic laser with a shuttle table for 2 5x10 sheets..only $155,000.00....hmmm....maybe he'll help finance my venture...LOL
rdj357

Post by rdj357 »

Feel free to private message me and I'll give you my number or email. I'd be happy to answer any questions about PC. PC is a belt drive and I ordered some spare belts the other day just in case but have yet to need to change them.
John Frantum
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by John Frantum »

Thanks Robert, I just sent a request for quote and detailed specifications to Plasmacam, I'll let you know what they say, and then maybe you can help me fill in any blanks.
I appreciate your help!
smwsolutions
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by smwsolutions »

I have a Dynatorch 5x10 Super B with a Hypertherm Powermax 85 and I am very happy with my table and with Dynatorch.

The table works great and the customer service and technical support at Dynatorch has always been good.

If you have the extra money I would go with the 85 over the 65 just for the additional cutting capacity if you need it.

You are welcome to private message me if you have any questions that I might be able to answer about Dynatorch and their tables.
John Frantum
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by John Frantum »

Thank you!
Iron Addictions
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Iron Addictions »

I have had no issues with my 4x8 Dynatorch. It has been a great table with the 85..
TMC
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by TMC »

I have a Dynatorch 4x4 Super B with collision detection and water table running a Hypertherm PMX85. I am about ready to list for sale. 3 years old great system. I have been having health issues with my back and need to get out of the steel business. If you are interested in it send me a message or give me a call 301-467-4424. I'm located in Maryland
Firestalker
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Firestalker »

So, did you ever get a table? I have a Dynatorch 5x10 Super B and I am very happy with it. Message me if you are still on the fence.

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”