Help with deciding between arc light or Dyna torch

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
LKea
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Help with deciding between arc light or Dyna torch

Post by LKea »

Hi I am looking to buy a cnc plasma machine. I am new to this and this web site, I have read alot of the info on this web site and everyone seems to have alot of experience and knowledge about this subject. The 2 machines i am looking at are Arc light and Dyna torch with the Hypertherm 85. Software, customer service, and tech support are very important to me because I am new to this. Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you
SeveredBrandon
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: Help with deciding between arc light or Dyna torch

Post by SeveredBrandon »

I ordered a Dynatorch Super B 2 weeks ago and i looked at alot of tables before i made my choice. I have not found one bad review about dynatorch and I went looking. Everything I have read was nothing but quality and excellent customer service. Super excited for it to arrive. Ric was great to deal with and helped me out on the price.
LKea
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by LKea »

Thank you for your reply, what time line do you have until you get your machine. Did you order any accesories with the machine. What are you going to be cutting with it. Thanks again.
langdoniron
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by langdoniron »

The Dynatorch and Arclight were my top two pics as well.... I ended up buying a 6 x 12 Arc max pro and am very happy with it. Customer service has been fantastic and the machine in the 6 months I have had it has cut many, many thousands of pounds of parts.
little blue choo
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by little blue choo »

I purchased a Arclight 2 1/2 years ago and have never had a second thought about it. The customer service is the best. Like you, I jumped into this with no experience with plasma or CNC. Scott and the guys at Arclight gave me training at their factory and went over every thing from drawing up files, operating the machine and servicing it. I would highly recommend them. I would also recommend you read every page of this forum. I know that's not possible but the more you can read the more you will learn. This forum and the GREAT people on it have helped tremendously. 2 1/2 years ago I knew nothing and today I'm not afraid to tackle anything. I paid for my machine in a little over a year and now have a booth in two different artisan malls. The sky is the limit if you're willing to work for it. Good Luck! :D

Rick
Rick
Arclight 9600 4x8 table
Hypertherm PM65
Acc. Plate Marker, 4 inch Pipe Cutter, Wood Router package
Quincy Q54 compressor 2 stage, 5hp, 60 gal
Refrigerated air dryer & 4 stage filtration system
Software Mach 3, Sheetcam, Solid Edge 2D, Inkscape
LKea
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by LKea »

I am new to this site and cnc plasma. There has been alot of great people with great knowledge that has helped me out. I am thankful and looking forward to the cnc and plasmaspider experience thanks for the help.
cstroke
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by cstroke »

I have a dynatorch 6'x12' with an engraver and the pmax 85. Customer service is top notch. Cant imagine anyone being better.
Learning curve no matter the machine you get, this being said operating the machine will be the easiest part. Drawing and making sure the parts are correct is the biggest hurdle.
This is my second dynatorch, last one was a 5'x10' table.
Good luck with your purchase
6’x12’ Dynatorch powermax 85
12’ Wysong brake
5’x 5/16’ wysong rolls
3.8’x10’ shear
65 Ton ironworker
Boss laser 3655 150 watt CO2.
SFX 100watt Mopa
Quicncy 7.5hp
Square wave tig, Multimatics, Miller bobcat efi.

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”