0.080" Aluminum cutting - anyone had success with a Hypertherm and Duramax Torch?

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
Nacs Fab
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

0.080" Aluminum cutting - anyone had success with a Hypertherm and Duramax Torch?

Post by Nacs Fab »

I have a customer requesting signs cut from 0.080" (2mm) aluminum and just checking your speeds, pierce height, cut height and such for this material. Include your torch voltage for the cuts and examples if you have them!
Shop Droids Plasmabot 3.0 DIY 4x8 with water table
G540 with LCTHC by candcnc
Hypertherm 1250 with Duramax Torch Upgrade
all built... by me...
msclark
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: 0.080" Aluminum cutting - anyone had success with a Hypertherm and Duramax Torch?

Post by msclark »

Following
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: 0.080" Aluminum cutting - anyone had success with a Hypertherm and Duramax Torch?

Post by jimcolt »

Use the 45 amp shielded consumables and follow the specs on the aluminum cut charts. Set pierce height, pierce delay, cut height and arc volatage (adjust voltage on a test cut so height maintains at the physical cut height). Start as well at the book speed....sometimes you need a bit slower, sometimes faster to minimize dross on various grades of aluminum. Jim Colt Hypertherm Fuel cell baffle plates from .080" aluminum
IMG_0507.jpg
IMG_0505.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Nacs Fab
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Nacs Fab »

Thank you guys! Thanks Jim Colt!
Shop Droids Plasmabot 3.0 DIY 4x8 with water table
G540 with LCTHC by candcnc
Hypertherm 1250 with Duramax Torch Upgrade
all built... by me...

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”