Question about searching on the site

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
FreedomFabrication
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Question about searching on the site

Post by FreedomFabrication »

I am not the most computer literate person ever..When i do a search for a certain kind of file it either says the words are too common or i have to read through a bunch of posts to look at files. So my question is....Am I doing something wrong or is there a page that I can search the dxf files and look at them more easily?
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: new to site ...Question

Post by acourtjester »

The search engine here is pretty basic, but works well when using it try to used descriptive word or more then one word.
I have seen what you are talking about I just sampled word "and" common "band" it found many posts but "barrel band" too common nothing found. :o :lol:
Like Google sometime you need to swap the words around to find what you want. This site has been around for some time many posts for many subjects, you can get many pages to look through because the search engine keyed on a word and not what you wanted.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Larry83301
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Larry83301 »

FreedomFabrication wrote:I am not the most computer literate person ever..When i do a search for a certain kind of file it either says the words are too common or i have to read through a bunch of posts to look at files. So my question is....Am I doing something wrong or is there a page that I can search the dxf files and look at them more easily?
Not sure which search box you are trying to use, but the best one for finding DXF files is the one right below where you see this heading
- > DXF Art - DXF Clip Art File Sharing Forum < - You can also ask if anybody has a file like what you are looking for because some people post files with strange file names such as bull_dozer1 which will come up if you are looking for a bull but not a bulldozer. So try using different words for our search and/or just part of the name. Hope this helps :D

Larry
Simko
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Simko »

Open www.Google.com

Type:

Search Term site:www.plasmaspider.com

Replace 'Search Term' with whatever you are searching for. It is much better then the search engine on this website.

:mrgreen:
Steve

Homebrewed plasma table in the works, NSK linear rails, 3.2:1 belt reduction, CandCNC Plazpak 1A with DTHCIV Ethercut, Hypertherm 85, CommandCNC and SheetCAM
Click here for build post
FreedomFabrication
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by FreedomFabrication »

thanks for your help!
motoguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Question about searching on the site

Post by motoguy »

Yup. Google.com, then "site:www.site-name-here.com thing-I'm-looking-for" is the best search engine!
Bulltear 6x12 w/ Proton Z axis & watertable
CommandCNC/Linux w/ Ohmic & HyT options
Hypertherm Powermax 85 w/ machine torch
Solidworks, Coreldraw X7, Inkscape, Sheetcam

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”