hyoertherm duramax fine cut issue

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
jrsmotorsports
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

hyoertherm duramax fine cut issue

Post by jrsmotorsports »

guys, having an issue with the torch firing with fine cut consumables, seems to mis fire alot and if i put all new consumables in, it does not matter??? i install regular shielded 45 amp and it works perfect????????
ideas?
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: hyoertherm duramax fine cut issue

Post by jimcolt »

Any error codes? Are you in Auto air pressure mode? Are you sure your pierce height is correct?

Jim Colt Hypertherm
jrsmotorsports
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by jrsmotorsports »

not sure if my machine has auto pressure, yes most pierce heights are .150 and cut .060. trying to do some .125 aluminum trophys and its mis firing, it even mis fires when i try to manually fire the torch using the button
jimcolt

Post by jimcolt »

Be happy to help, but need info. What plasma cutter is the duramax torch on? What brand and model cnc machine? Does it have height control?

Jim Colt Hypertherm
jrsmotorsports
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by jrsmotorsports »

1250, with duramax. cand cnc with dthc, seems my cut books differe in settings one has .150 pierce for fine cut slow speed and the other has .090 pierce.
icmplasma85
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by icmplasma85 »

What is the part number of the swirl ring you are using when using finecuts? Hypertherm makes a swirl ring for fine cuts, but it is only supposed to be used for hand cutting, not on a machine. I've heard this can cause mis fires when CNC cutting.
PlasmaCam DHC2
Hypertherm Powermax 65
Millermatic 211 MIG Welder
jimcolt

Post by jimcolt »

Ahhh....there may be the problem. Since you upgraded to the Duramax torch....you should no longer use the cut charts in the Powermax1250 operators manual. There are complete new cut charts on the manual (located on the included disc) that came with your Duramax torch. Use the consumables listed on these charts, and follow the specs exactly as the charts suggest.

The 1250 (which you did not mention in the original post) does not have auto air pressure. You must set the air pressure manually by turning the amperage knob fully CCW (make the air flow) then adjust the regulator to the specs in the Duramax cut chart. If pressure is not set correctly you will experience misfires, poor quality and short consumable parts life. Ditto these issues if the pierce height and pierce delay times are not correct. Make sure you are using the shielded version of the fine cut parts as well.

Jim Colt Hypertherm

jrsmotorsports wrote:1250, with duramax. cand cnc with dthc, seems my cut books differe in settings one has .150 pierce for fine cut slow speed and the other has .090 pierce.
HaasMetalDesigns
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by HaasMetalDesigns »

Jim do you have the chart I have the 600 with the duramax torch
jimcolt

Post by jimcolt »

The manual for the Duramax torch comes on a disc packed with every Duramax. So, if you kept the disc you should open it and print the pages of cut charts specific for the Powermax600. If you have lost it....send me an email (with a note regarding what you want...as I get 100 or more emails daily) and I can email you a copy in .pdf format.

Jim Colt jim.colt@hypertherm.com

modnoc13 wrote:Jim do you have the chart I have the 600 with the duramax torch
plain ol Bill
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by plain ol Bill »

When I upgraded to a Duramax I printed all the charts from the disc then took them in to Office Depot and had them all laminated. Brought them home, punched a hole in the top corners and put them all on a large key ring type ring.
plain ol Bill
Hypertherm 1250
Duramax machine torch
Corel Draw X6
Sheetcam
Mach3
5 x 10 self built table
Lots of ineptitude

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”