Cut stops penetrating at the same point on large arc

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
turkeh
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Cut stops penetrating at the same point on large arc

Post by turkeh »

Trying to cut some motor mounts consisting of 3 small and one medium sized piece. The three smalls cut fine, but on the larger piece it stops penetrating the metal about 2/3's through a large inside arc. Tried it twice and it happened at the exact same point both times so I assumed it was some sort of setting but I can't figure out what. Right after I cut some larger pieces but without any large arcs and it cut just fine. Not really sure what setting to play with though as it cuts perfectly right up until it doesn't. I thought I recall a setting that turns off THC control in curves but that was on a differant machine a few years ago now. I'm using Mach3 with a Proma THC150 and a Gecko G540 for the controller if it matters.
plasmanewbie
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Cut stops penetrating at the same point on large arc

Post by plasmanewbie »

Could be a bad nozzle in your torch. If you rotate the nozzle in the torcha dn cut again and see the point at which the plasma stopped penetrating move to another location on the circle thats the problem. Replace your consumables and be sure your air is clean and dry.
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Cut stops penetrating at the same point on large arc

Post by jimcolt »

Pics of the cuts, info on plasma cutter brand and model, your settings....and we can likely provide better advice. Jim Colt

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”