CD7 nodes broken

Corel Draw Graphics Suite related questions and tips can be posted here
Cracker Red
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

CD7 nodes broken

Post by Cracker Red »

I downloaded a cross file from the sharing section of this forum. Opening it up with CD7 I notice it has a TON of nodes in it. Furthermore each node is only a segment, and none of the segments are joined together!

Is there an easy way of joining these up? I've tried selecting the reduce nodes function but nothing happens.

I also notice that the vector appears different from the examples that people have posted (actual cuts)

Tried it in inkscape as well....file wont even show up :(
Cracker Red
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: CD7 nodes broken

Post by Cracker Red »

Just had a buddy open it in Adobe Illustrator....same result. Could/Did the file become corrupt somehow after it was uploaded?
Cracker Red
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Cracker Red »

Forgot to post up a Screen of CD....

You can see where I can just grab a line or node and drag it over.....and it's not connected to anything but the node next to it....
Attachments
problem.jpg
muzza
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by muzza »

I know the cross your talking about, can't believe that with the number of downloads it's had that somebody hasn't reposted the cleaned up file.

I just downloaded the second one "Cross 16 Tall" and it has 2323 objects, in Corel by using the "join Curves" set at 1.5mm it reduces this to 54 objects. Then you can select each object and use the reduce nodes function and playing around with the slider you should be able to get all the lumpy lines to a flowing line, you just need to spend a bit of time playing with it. You'll probably need to spend a bit of time adjusting a few nodes but shouldn't take too long.
Murray
cross reduced.jpg
Cracker Red
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Cracker Red »

Oh you are the best. I've been trying to figure it out on my own for the past 3 hours.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Return to “Corel Draw Graphics Suite”