converting to cut pattern on plasmacam

Plasmacam software related questions and tips can be posted here
mad monkey
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

converting to cut pattern on plasmacam

Post by mad monkey »

Hey guys, I am having a problem. Every now and then when I am working on a new piece, when I put my lead ins in, it goes waaay off the picture. 97% of the time, it puts a small one like it should, other times it goes off on some wild goose chase. Any ideas? It starting to drive me nuts!!!!
drakus
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: converting to cut pattern on plasmacam

Post by drakus »

do you have check in settings move lead in to for best fit?

It is in settings - Offset / Convert tab

also post a pick. please. Might be something else if not that.
--------------------------------------------------
Ted
Pcam DHC2 with the works
PM 30, 45 & 65
Corel Draw X6 - Adobe CS5
mad monkey
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by mad monkey »

ya everything seems ok, I will do 1 lead-in and its fine, then the next one goes nuts
mad monkey
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by mad monkey »

think I figured it out. The pieces I was doing were small, and when I scaled them larger, it works ok. We will see if it stays that way!
ryno fab
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by ryno fab »

Scaling works well. sometime when you scale back down and cut it will leave a blowout mark in the metal you are trying to keep. If you have a few small odd shape holes in a larger drawing you can pic out a better spot to lead in. manually convert these ones first, picking a wide spot or an end. Then convert the rest by clicking the outer part of the drawing to automatically convert the rest. If that doesn't work try converting the it then trim off the end reconnect and re convert it. I have even had to snip out a small section( where it is trying to lead in) and drawn a new section ( pretty fast with
F9 enabled) and re connected and converted. I try to save the "scale up then down" technique as a last resort.

Return to “Plasmacam - DesignEdge”