DesignEdge Software ordering questions need help asap please

Plasmacam software related questions and tips can be posted here
MIFab
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

DesignEdge Software ordering questions need help asap please

Post by MIFab »

Ok so I'm looking at maybe upgrading from plasamacam V3.11 to the DesignEdge Software and Im looking at the Owners community and I see two options what do I need ?

1.DesignEdge Software Upgrade (Model DHC)
PlasmaCAM DesignEdge software upgrade available to Model DHC machine owners with pre-version 4.0 software. Includes advanced design, machine control, and height control upgrades. Also includes free sample art disc and video instruction manual. Cost xxxx

2.Advanced Design Software Upgrade
Adds the advanced design software level to a machine that already has the basic design software. Provides many additional CAD features for expert drawing and editing. Several of the features are useful for designing artistic projects and for working with photos and scanned images. Cost xxx

Im also looking at the order form that was sent to me from P/C when I was talking to them on the phone and there is only one option that can be checked and thats Advanced Design Software for xxx...

O when they say one License does that mean if I install it on a computer and it takes a dump I need to buy another license
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: DesignEdge Software ordering questions need help asap please

Post by jimcolt »

One license means one "seat".....can be installed on one computer. If something happens you simply contact them and reinstall on another computer. They will issue a new password to do so. With one seat you use the same computer as the cnc control for your machine, and you also do all of your CAD design and drawing on that computer. Having an extra seat allows you to have the cnc machine computer to run the machine and do quick drawing and design jobs......and have another seat located on your office computer or laptop......well worth the extra seat cost in my opinion.

You need at least to get the Design Edge package that gives you advance height control options.....absolutely necessary for best cut quality and consumable parts life. I have the advanced Design Edge.....the software is so good for drawing and design that I stopped using alternative drawing packages such as AutoCad and Corel Draw.

Bet bet (of course) is to ask these questions directly with a PlasmaCam rep.

Jim Colt

MIFab wrote:Ok so I'm looking at maybe upgrading from plasamacam V3.11 to the DesignEdge Software and Im looking at the Owners community and I see two options what do I need ?

1.DesignEdge Software Upgrade (Model DHC)
PlasmaCAM DesignEdge software upgrade available to Model DHC machine owners with pre-version 4.0 software. Includes advanced design, machine control, and height control upgrades. Also includes free sample art disc and video instruction manual. Cost xxxx

2.Advanced Design Software Upgrade
Adds the advanced design software level to a machine that already has the basic design software. Provides many additional CAD features for expert drawing and editing. Several of the features are useful for designing artistic projects and for working with photos and scanned images. Cost xxx

Im also looking at the order form that was sent to me from P/C when I was talking to them on the phone and there is only one option that can be checked and thats Advanced Design Software for xxx...

O when they say one License does that mean if I install it on a computer and it takes a dump I need to buy another license
MetalTorcher
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by MetalTorcher »

I just upgraded to Advanced and got a free extra seat with it.
Jason Lyon
PlasmaCAM DHC2
Advanced DesignEdge
Hypertherm Powermax 1000
Duramax mini torch with Snap n Cut
Everlast PowerMTS 251si
Torturing metal since 2014
shinertx

Post by shinertx »

I HAD JUST PURCHASED A USED TABLE BUT IS HAS NO SOFTWARE CAN I GET THE ADVANCED SOFTWARE OR DO I NEED TO BUY THE BASIC FIRST. ( THIS IS ALL NEW TO ME ) THANKS ROBERT.
MIFab

Post by MIFab »

What table did you get? I have came to like V3.11 it has more to offer for less unlike the DE you have to pay for alot of the addons
shinertx

Post by shinertx »

IT IS THE DHC.
MIFab

Post by MIFab »

Im pretty sure if you fill out a transfer of owner ship paper with Plasmacam they will send you a copy of the V3.11 .
shinertx

Post by shinertx »

I called and talk to tech he said the software would cost me $1,995.00 that is half price because I am the owner of the table, just want to make sure before I spend that kind of money that it is the correct one. the version that I have is the
Samson 5x10
Designedge software
Hypertherm Powermax 65
Hypertherm powermax 380
Thermodynamics cut master 85
Jet 4' box & pan break
Eastwood Powder coating guns.
Shane Warnick
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Shane Warnick »

I have design edge with all the advanced options, minus the pipe cutter. I am very happy with it, I did not get a "free" extra seat but they did throw one in if I would do a you tube video talking about how great the package was. So I did, and they did. Took me all of 5 minutes to do it, had they not, I would have purchased one. Nice to sit in the office or living room and draw when it's tits cold or hot as hell in the shop.

Shane
shinertx

Post by shinertx »

I will have to save more money in the piggy bank, until I can afford one or ask mom to increase my weekly allowance. :lol:
Samson 5x10
Designedge software
Hypertherm Powermax 65
Hypertherm powermax 380
Thermodynamics cut master 85
Jet 4' box & pan break
Eastwood Powder coating guns.

Return to “Plasmacam - DesignEdge”