Ultimate font 10,000

Plasmacam software related questions and tips can be posted here
haleysphoto
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Ultimate font 10,000

Post by haleysphoto »

Does anyone know if these fonts r dxf ready http://www.ultimatefontdownload.com/ind ... op=pspider
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: Ultimate font 10,000

Post by Gamelord »

Most likely they are TTF fonts. With Corel or other programs, you could make them DXF ready very easily but directly off the CD/DVD, no, they will not be DXF ready. (my assumption anyways).
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
icmplasma85
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by icmplasma85 »

If you are referring to the ones off this site, they work for me as "cut ready" in plasmacam software. I just move whatever font I need into the plasmacam font folder and it is available in my software. The only thing for me that sometimes makes them not ready to cut is when I have to stencil an A,R,O,P, etc for fallouts. Im not sure how other programs and software handle text.
PlasmaCam DHC2
Hypertherm Powermax 65
Millermatic 211 MIG Welder
weldor2005
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by weldor2005 »

Again, in Plasmacam's design edge software, any font that is TTP or the other one...ocr? can be directly used in the drawing. and the nice thing is that you can just keep a separate folder on your drive with all your fonts, since it don't need to be in the Plasmacam font folder. You can specify a directory for it to look in. But, no they are not considered to be DXF ready unless your program can bring them in as such.

Another neat thing is that once you bring them in in DE, you can then move individual letters around if you like, or move as a group.
David Finch CWI

Plenty of welders
Plasmacam 4x4 with DHC2
PowerMax 45
Lots of other toys
haleysphoto
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by haleysphoto »

thanks everyone for you help ...
Shane Warnick
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Shane Warnick »

weldor2005 wrote:Again, in Plasmacam's design edge software, any font that is TTP or the other one...ocr? can be directly used in the drawing. and the nice thing is that you can just keep a separate folder on your drive with all your fonts, since it don't need to be in the Plasmacam font folder. You can specify a directory for it to look in. But, no they are not considered to be DXF ready unless your program can bring them in as such.

Another neat thing is that once you bring them in in DE, you can then move individual letters around if you like, or move as a group.
Weldor2005,
Are you able to use open type fonts with design edge? I recently purchased a font to complete a project for a customer, they already had signage that used that certain font, however it is only available as opentype font. I am unable to get designedge to recognize or import the font, it only wants true type fonts. Just curious if you are able to get it to work, how? Thanks in advance for your time,
Shane

Return to “Plasmacam - DesignEdge”