New Member Group Added

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
admin
Site Admin

New Member Group Added

Post by admin »

Many of you are signed up as Contributing Members and are able to take advantage of the benefits of being a part of that group.

A new group has recently been added and members of this group will be known as the Elite Contributing Members. There is no additional cost to be a part of this group and this group of members receive special benefits such as site wide recognition, ability to enter our contests, product giveaways, and more.

This group will be reserved for those who go out of their way to help others on the site and make an effort to give rather than just receive. We have many members who deserve to be a part of this group but with the number of members currently registered there is no way that we will be able to pick them all out and add them ourselves.

To be added to this group you can request to be added by sending me a PM or by visiting your UCP, clicking on Usergroups and requesting to join. Members can also PM me to nominate a member that they feel should be a part of this group and of course we will add members ourselves when we come across them during our moderation sessions.

We hope that this recent change will encourage other members to actively participate, assist other member, and just generally give back to our growing community. Of course we are always open to ideas and suggestions so feel free to post or contact me directly through the Private Message system.
MetalTorcher
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: New Member Group Added

Post by MetalTorcher »

That's a great idea! There are so many helpful guys on this site and it would seem good to me to reward them for their hard work.
Jason Lyon
PlasmaCAM DHC2
Advanced DesignEdge
Hypertherm Powermax 1000
Duramax mini torch with Snap n Cut
Everlast PowerMTS 251si
Torturing metal since 2014
Larry83301
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Larry83301 »

I agree with MetalTorcher there are many members that have given me and others help and files that are fantastic. :D

Larry
CNCCAJUN
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by CNCCAJUN »

Does this software allow likes or thumbs up?

I know we have download totals.

Steve
Smiling Gator Metal Works, LLC
Dynatorch 4X4 XLS
PowerMAX 85
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
wilber
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by wilber »

that is a great idea Steve.
*** DynaTorch Super B 4x8 with a Hypertherm Powermax 65****
metalman42
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by metalman42 »

Maybe even think about seeing who can do conversion of images to even take it a step further!
michmetalman
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by michmetalman »

Awesome idea!
RGR
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by RGR »

Yep great idea
Thumper
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Thumper »

Saweetness!!!! I'm glad to see this added and proud to be one of the group..
rtsplace
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by rtsplace »

Excellant idea, this gives the deserving that little extra pad on the back, way to go admin and the members who mentor others.
Ray
chattacuda
1.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
1.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by chattacuda »

wonderful idea. There are so many helpful folks on here. I sure have learned a lot and like you say, some really go out of their way to help and share their talents.
chattacuda from Dayton, Tennessee
CandCNC electronics, Precision Plasma V rail gantry, homemade 4'x8' water table, Sharpe Air Dryer
Hyperthem 45XP, CommandCNC, Sheetcam, Corel Draw
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the feedback on this. I know there are hundreds who deserve to be in this new group however it is a manual process to add them and takes even more time if I have to review posts so please be patient with me and don't feel left out.
ironhorse
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by ironhorse »

Brilliant idea. This will be very helpful for all.
torchmate50
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by torchmate50 »

I paid my 20 to becoma a contributing member, but I am still blocked from the file sharing???
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by Gamelord »

Sometimes it takes a day to get approved. I am sure it will happen fairly quick. All approvals are done manually but don't worry, the admin will get you taken care of. If not you can send another e-mail but give it a couple hours or check tomorrow..

edit....
actually, it looks like you are already approved. :) Happy file searching! Don't forget to share.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
mazika
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by mazika »

great idea
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

I'm new here, and still new at using my Samson 510 table. However, I hope that as I learn, I can pass along knowledge to others. I tend to experiment and think OUTside of the box, so I may at times seem to be "out there." Just be patient, and let me bring myself up to speed on this thing. I hope to have it all figured out in the next six months or so.
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
AnotherDano
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by AnotherDano »

Thinking outside the box is only productive if you know what's inside the box.
That's where experience comes in.

Read every post and listen to those who have made the mistakes you are about to make, then you can avoid them.
I don't know one guy on this forum who will not be willing to help you grow.

Like my old professor used to say; I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.
You'll get there. ;)
Dano Roberts
droberts@ironpequod.com
PlasmaCam DHC-2 v3.11
Hypertherm PowerMax-30
Serving Laramie, Wy since Thursday
Metal Storm
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Metal Storm »

Thank you to the Admins who see me as an elite contributing member and added me to the list. I only wish I could contribute more. I work in an industry where operational experience is absolutely paramount. its called OE and events are recorded and archived for future learning. this site does that very thing. If I had to put a monetary value on what I have learned as well as the costly mistakes that were avoided, I truly would not know where to start. I found this site at a very hard time in my familys life. we were really struggling and I was temperarly out of work and the pcam was sitting in the shop and had never been used. infact I had become intimidated by it, thinking I was going to really goof things up. but thanks to all the help and recorded OE on this site the learning curve was not so steep.

Thanks to everyone who generously share info, files and their skills. Thank You for making me an Elite contributing member. I hope to contribute more in the near future.

God Bless and have a prosperous new year.

J Janeway

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”