Changeover to Windows 7 running Mach 3

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
Nacs Fab
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Changeover to Windows 7 running Mach 3

Post by Nacs Fab »

Just wanted to chime in and let you guys know I made the change from Windows XP to a newer computer with more speed running Windows 7.

So far the installation has been fairly easy, I just copied my Mach 3 settings file, as well as went through and grabbed screenshots of each of the important screens in my configuration settings, Ports & Pins, Motor tuning, etc..

I am experiencing some choppy machine performance, but I am thinking my torch height control setting in mach needs to be adjusted so it is not "sawing" the z-axis too much.

The major hurdle this changeover has helped me overcome is I can now load a full 4x8 sheet of G-Code and run it without getting faults. I had huge issues with my old 1.8ghz computer just not having enough power and it caused intermittent faults. I'll post up more details on the changeover real soon.
Shop Droids Plasmabot 3.0 DIY 4x8 with water table
G540 with LCTHC by candcnc
Hypertherm 1250 with Duramax Torch Upgrade
all built... by me...
Nacs Fab
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Changeover to Windows 7 running Mach 3

Post by Nacs Fab »

Another Update - Fixed the choppy cutting last night. When you transfer over your data, it does not change settings on the main screen so be sure to get a screencap of it off your old computer. Had the CV Feedrate button checked, plus my THC Setting was at 30% feedrate instead of 5% - this made my Z-Azis seesaw badly.

I ran several highly detailed pieces afterwards and no faults!

Also wanted to mention - those who want to make this changeover in the future. You MUST have Windows 7 32 Bit installed and not the 64 Bit Version of it. Just FYI.
Shop Droids Plasmabot 3.0 DIY 4x8 with water table
G540 with LCTHC by candcnc
Hypertherm 1250 with Duramax Torch Upgrade
all built... by me...

Return to “Mach3 & Mach4 CNC”