Z Axis Jog Up and Down Issue

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
KIDTech
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Z Axis Jog Up and Down Issue

Post by KIDTech »

When I press the page up key the z axis may go up or down and it's the same issue with the page down key. Anybody have this issue? I also run into where the z axis will bottom out or top out and nothing will move it until I shut the power down and manually move it. Then I can start back up and the jog keys work again.
DIY 5x10 v rail, rack and pinion
Gecko g540
Pm65 - aka game changer
Longevity ForceCut 42i is sitting on the shelf
Proma THC
ACAD, SheetCam, Mach3
Millermatic 211
NEW HORSE IN THE STABLE:
4'x8' LDR downdraft w/a scribe
Milltronics Partner 2 CNC mill
WyoGreen
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Z Axis Jog Up and Down Issue

Post by WyoGreen »

I recently added an X-Box controller to my table, and once or twice I had some odd issues, which I attribute to conflicts between the drivers for the table controller and the X-Box controller. If you tell us about your machine and software, we could probably give you some better answers.

Steve
Precision Plasma gantry
CommandCNC Linux controller w/Feather Touch & PN200 hand controller
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser
_Ogre
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by _Ogre »

without any table or software information it's a little hard to recommend anything

@wyogreen - sometimes the joysticks can get clicked down and disable that joystick
took me forever to figure that one out

i bought our table with the xbox controller and have never run without it
i have the buttons setup to where after loading gcode i never touch the mouse or keyboard
i turn on laser x-hairs, jog all axis's, zero all axis's and start cutting; all with the xbox controller
you can customize buttons to almost anything in mach
bulltear 4x8 cnc plasma table, candcnc bladerunner w/dthc, hypertherm powermax 65, sheetcam, mach3
laser cross hair for hypertherm torch http://www.plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12508
an ogre smiley :mrgreen: how cool!
KIDTech
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by KIDTech »

I have built my own 5x10 table and am running a Gecko G540 controller, Sony Viao with XP (desktop), ACAD, SheetCam and Mach3. I have been trying to hook up a Proma and also installed everything to run an XBOX controller but do not use it.
Gecko g540
Pm65 - aka game changer
Proma THC
ACAD, SheetCam, Mach3
Millermatic 211
NEW HORSE IN THE STABLE:
tm america
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by tm america »

can you post your ports and pins-input signals and you homing?You may have your limit-homing switch wired in wrong or have the settings wrong for how the switch is wired..or maybe have it homing in the wrong dirrection..? If you go to the diagnostics page on mach it will show the status of the limit-homing switches.. you wanna make sure it is not lite when the limit switch is not triggered and that when you move the limit switch you wanna see the light for the limit-homing switch come on in the diagostic page..This will let you know if the switch and wiring are ok.then you will just need to make sure the inputs and homing is set right
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

When you hit the limit switch you can go to the settings page and click on the ?manual limit override? and hit reset again you should be able to move the axis away from the limit then. Just be sure to move the correct way or you will need to do this again to get away from the switch.
You can also use the soft limit settings if you home you table when you start each power on series. When Mach knows were home is and you have the soft limits set with the size of your table mach will slow then stop from hitting the limit switches when you near them.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
KIDTech
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by KIDTech »

Thanks for all the input and help. It was a solder that came apart, it is fixed and working correctly.
Gecko g540
Pm65 - aka game changer
Proma THC
ACAD, SheetCam, Mach3
Millermatic 211
NEW HORSE IN THE STABLE:

Return to “Mach3 & Mach4 CNC”