sheet cam engraver/ scribe / torch issues

SheetCam related questions and tips can be posted here
Jordf
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

sheet cam engraver/ scribe / torch issues

Post by Jordf »

Hey I have a burntables brand machine with sheet cam and mach3

I have had the plasma table for about a year now. Got the plasma side figured out pretty good. decided to get my engraver that came with the table working now, followed burntables instructions on calibrating the scribe to the torch etc... I can get the machine to engrave but when I try to plasma cut anything... It drags the torch over to the first cut. lifts up a little bit,,, then lifts a little more and a little bit more,,, then comes down and starts to cut...
The torch height control isnt working as good either. theres also now a green line around the Z button on mach3 screen??

My main issue is why is it now dragging the torch over to the 1st cut, vs, before it would lift it up an inch then over to first cut and then do its thing...

so far I have tried to redo all the engraver setting as per manual,,,rebooted my machine, Ive contacted there tech support may times and they dont seem to know whats going on either. they suspected the z settings were off or the rapid clearance settings were changed but they were the same

Ive tried removing the engraver settings and try just setting up my plasma torch again and still drags,

if I load an previous tap. file that was made before I tried to get the scribe going, it cuts like it used to!!
Oldsarge
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Re: sheet cam engraver/ scribe / torch issues

Post by Oldsarge »

The problem is with the post processor file you're using. There are settings for Z offsets and either "true" or "Nil" settings if your scriber is on the same mount as your torch. I am really close to having mine set up properly.... If your table manufacturer can't help you, head over to the Sheetcam site & send Les an email with your setup parameters and a copy of the post you're using and a file output from the post, and I'm sure he can get you dialed in!

Oldsarge
6x12 Home Built Table
Hypertherm PowerMax 85
CandCNC Dragon Cut 620 DTHC IV
CorelDraw X7, Sheetcam, Mach 3
"Better to attempt great things and fail than to live in the gray twilight where there is neither victory or defeat"
Jordf
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: sheet cam engraver/ scribe / torch issues

Post by Jordf »

hey thanks for the info.. yeah my torch and scribe are on the same z mount.. When calibrating the x,y, z settings they say to set the z to 0, which I did but then i noticed it says it should be set to nil but I also tried setting it to nil, as well and no change..
Ill send an email to les.. thanks again

Return to “SheetCam”