Thc options in sheetcam

SheetCam related questions and tips can be posted here
TrinityFabworks
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Thc options in sheetcam

Post by TrinityFabworks »

I've been watching some sheetcam tutorials on youtube university, and I see a common option in the pop up box that comes up when you click on a new operation that says "Min cut length for DTHC" and another that says "soft pierce percent" I was just wondering how I can get these as an option in sheetcam for myself. I would like to set it so that it doesn't use the thc until it actually starts moving a few inches. I'm sure that I can make rules about it, but I'd like to know how to make that an option. I also don't know what soft pierce means, so that would be good to know also.
djreiswig
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Thc options in sheetcam

Post by djreiswig »

Those options are in the post processor from CandCNC. The min cut length only turns the THC on if the cut is longer than the minimum.
The softpierce works with the CandCNC RS-485 interface to a Hypertherm plasma. You have to have this port in your plasma and purchase the license to get it to work.
It basically lowers the amps when piercing to lengthen consumable life. I have the license, but have never used softpierce.
2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
TrinityFabworks
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Thc options in sheetcam

Post by TrinityFabworks »

Thanks for the quick reply, and information!

Return to “SheetCam”