Over 2000 DXF files free

Share, browse, & download dxf, svg, or other vector based designs. If you take be sure to give back.
DXF
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Over 2000 DXF files free

Post by DXF »

Skip signing up for the drop box and direct download the RAR file. I did try one of the files and it worked fine.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CNC/comments/1 ... dxf_files/

Dave Hanks
Old Iron
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Re: Over 2000 DXF files free

Post by Old Iron »

That's generous
captdick
2 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by captdick »

Thank you-----be sure to spend time to download
little blue choo
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by little blue choo »

BEWARE! I just downloaded these files onto a memory stick so as not to mix them up in my regular files. After checking 15 files I have yet to find one that would cut properly. Lots and lots of drop outs among other issues. Now I'm going to delete that memory stick.

Rick
Rick
Arclight 9600 4x8 table
Hypertherm PM65
Acc. Plate Marker, 4 inch Pipe Cutter, Wood Router package
Quincy Q54 compressor 2 stage, 5hp, 60 gal
Refrigerated air dryer & 4 stage filtration system
Software Mach 3, Sheetcam, Solid Edge 2D, Inkscape
DXF

Post by DXF »

little blue choo wrote:BEWARE! I just downloaded these files onto a memory stick so as not to mix them up in my regular files. After checking 15 files I have yet to find one that would cut properly. Lots and lots of drop outs among other issues. Now I'm going to delete that memory stick.

Rick
I placed them in a separate folder so as not to mix them with my regular files. There might be something of use in them.....never said they were perfect.

Dave
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by rdj357 »

Thanks for sharing. I couldn't care less if they aren't cut ready - I mix and match pieces of artwork all the time to create custom pieces. I haven't opened it yet but it is absolutely ALWAYS a good idea to keep your cut ready/production pieces separate from others. I think I have TOO many different folders for sorting actually hahaha
larrycameron44
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by larrycameron44 »

Thanks, yes a lot of free files for ... FREE, some need work, but plenty of great stuff to use.
Thanks

Larry Cameron
NZ
VPT
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by VPT »

Thanks so much! I opened a bunch of them and yes they are generic files but still usable!

I keep three folds on my computers:
NEW download files, this folder is like it says, the new ones that I haven't tried ro looked at much yet.

Download files, this folder is the files I downloaded, checked out, know will work, and are good to cut/try out.

The finally I have my Plasma cut files, this folder is the tried and true cut files I have cut, know work, and save forever.
Paint Chip
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Paint Chip »

Incredibly generous share. Thanks so much. With the first grandchild on the way, the puzzles will be lots of future fun.
PPLLC 4X8 table w 620 ox steppers on 5 axes
Bladerunner CandCNC w/DTHC II
Hypertherm PM85
little blue choo
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

I do appreciate the person who shared these file who ever they were. I was just saying don't assume they are ready to cut. I have already gotten an idea or two from them but will have to redraw them.

Rick
Rick
Arclight 9600 4x8 table
Hypertherm PM65
ColoradoWayne
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by ColoradoWayne »

Wow, that was very generous of someone. Hope they know how much I appreciate their share.
Wayne
LDR Motion Systems 4 x 4 water table
Hypertherm Powermax 65
East German

Post by East German »

Thanks,is great!!

Peter
Sorry for my language! The last English class was in 1982.

Homemade CNC Plasma-Watertable
MyPlasmCNC
Hypertherm Powermax 85
Machine Torch
Hypertherm Powermax 1100
Machine Torch
grindergary
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by grindergary »

You know, this is the mentality of people. Why does everyone figure you have to have a cut ready file? Obviously then you are in the wrong place.

I never expect a file to be cut ready as most are not. Even the ones that have been cleaned up and could be "cut ready" still might need tweaking.

I am on many different sites and it is truly amazing how many people EXPECT any file to be cut ready. Don't matter if it is for plasma or woodwork, people expect cut ready.

Do as I have been told from the beginning, Take a file, thank for it and then learn how to clean it up for cutting on your machine. It is fast once you learn how. Use the files for inspiration.

I have bought files from others who advertise on this site and find some still need cleaning.

Rant over,

Gary

little blue choo wrote:BEWARE! I just downloaded these files onto a memory stick so as not to mix them up in my regular files. After checking 15 files I have yet to find one that would cut properly. Lots and lots of drop outs among other issues. Now I'm going to delete that memory stick.

Rick
4x8 Home made with Precision Plasma LLC. Gantry
4x8 Home Router made with Precision Plasma LLC. Gantry
Candcnc DHCTII Electronics
Hypertherm Powermax 105 machine torch
Sheetcam, Mach 3
Corel Draw 8, V Carve Pro
Miller CTS 280 Miller Mig
abigshadow
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by abigshadow »

Thanks !!
42"x32" homebrew plasma table with Linux cnc
Lincoln procut 60 plasma
Millrite vert mill
GO 709 14"x40" grizzley lathe
DXF

Post by DXF »

grindergary wrote:You know, this is the mentality of people. Why does everyone figure you have to have a cut ready file? Obviously then you are in the wrong place.

I never expect a file to be cut ready as most are not. Even the ones that have been cleaned up and could be "cut ready" still might need tweaking.

I am on many different sites and it is truly amazing how many people EXPECT any file to be cut ready. Don't matter if it is for plasma or woodwork, people expect cut ready.

Do as I have been told from the beginning, Take a file, thank for it and then learn how to clean it up for cutting on your machine. It is fast once you learn how. Use the files for inspiration.

I have bought files from others who advertise on this site and find some still need cleaning.

Rant over,

Gary
I agree with you 100%. You're all welcome for the link. Having purchased files that I've had to tweak is part of having a CNC table. I have went thru a bunch of the free files and see a lot of usable files. I very seldom download files from this forum and usually make my own because like building my own house I don't have to repair someone else's mistakes.

Dave
rdj357

Post by rdj357 »

I think Rick explained himself well above. He's been a great help to many on this forum and as usual I think this is more an example of written text poorly expressing emotion. I remember when he first joined and began soaking up the information available here and he's been contributing back to the forum ever since.

We are all too familiar with the 'free' dxf file request market. We all started somewhere trying to figure out how to cut something out or make something work! :-D Thanks for the share and remember in forums it's usually easiest to assume the person posting means what was said in the least offensive way possible unless it's spelled out clearly otherwise. :-)
steel 35
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by steel 35 »

rdj357 wrote:I think Rick explained himself well above. He's been a great help to many on this forum and as usual I think this is more an example of written text poorly expressing emotion. I remember when he first joined and began soaking up the information available here and he's been contributing back to the forum ever since.

We are all too familiar with the 'free' dxf file request market. We all started somewhere trying to figure out how to cut something out or make something work! :-D Thanks for the share and remember in forums it's usually easiest to assume the person posting means what was said in the least offensive way possible unless it's spelled out clearly otherwise. :-)
little blue choo wrote:Are you serious?

Rick
PPL HDG 4X8
Hyp 65 duramax's
C&CNC 620-5 Ethernet
Inkscape, Solid Edge, Sheetcam, Autocad 2K
Corel X7 Student NO DXF!
EasyScriber
little blue choo
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

grindergary wrote:You know, this is the mentality of people. Why does everyone figure you have to have a cut ready file? Obviously then you are in the wrong place.

Rant over,

Gary

Rick
Gary you rant all you want to. You did not understand what I was doing. I was trying to help the newbies who just down load and try to cut a file. Like I did once appoint a time. I try to help everyone I can. I was helped by many here when I first started and try to give back all I can to show my appreciation. After checking 15 files and not finding 1 that would come close to cutting I though I would save a lot of newbies some metal and table time. No offence was meant to the person who shared these files.

Rick
Rick
Arclight 9600 4x8 table
Hypertherm PM65
grindergary

Post by grindergary »

Rick,
I apologize for picking your quote for my rant. I have followed you on here since you first started on PS. You have learned alot and I know you share your knowledge.

I am just so tired of people asking for files that have not been posted, files that need touch up and then complain about such files. I have stopped trying to help on certain forums as it seems nobody can read what is posted. If someone post a file then don't expect it to be cut ready UNLESS they state it should be cut ready. I am on numerous other forums and it seems to be the same everywhere.

I use the file section as a reference. I see an idea and then create my own or have someone like Julie help me with it. I also run a router table and it is the same on those sites as well.

I probably will not renew my membership here as there is nothing but can i get or can i have. People will not try to learn. The ones that suffer are the ones who ask for help and try to figure out what to do. I am frustrated with all the requests for files and everyone just jumps right in and do it but not explain how they do it so others can learn.

Since this will probably be my last post here, I would like to thank the members like DXF and Gamelord who will help you and take the time to explain how to di it. There are many others who are no longer here that I wish I could also thank. Gamelord is great at Corel draw and has helped many including me. Thank you!

I am sorry if I hurt your feeling Rick, again, I did not mean to single you out.

End of this rant, Over and out.

Gary
4x8 Home made with Precision Plasma LLC. Gantry
4x8 Home Router made with Precision Plasma LLC. Gantry
Candcnc DHCTII Electronics
Hypertherm Powermax 105 machine torch
Sheetcam, Mach 3
Corel Draw 8, V Carve Pro
Miller CTS 280 Miller Mig
little blue choo
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

No apology needed Gary. I know how you feel. I keep seeing people asking for files who have never shared one. They will have 30 or 40 post and if you look at them they are all asking for a free file or thanking someone for a file. Please don't let this run you off from this forum. You are a great member of this community and will be missed. I hope you reconsider.
Your Friend
Rick
Rick
Arclight 9600 4x8 table
Hypertherm PM65
TinManChymy
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by TinManChymy »

Wow! thanks so much for the download. Amazing!
Hootville

Post by Hootville »

Amazing post....Very Appreciated. Lots of stuff to go thru, and lots of ideas....thanks again.
Hypertherm Powermax 65
4'x 8' Eagle Plasma Table
AutoCad Civil 3D
SheetCam
Mach3
Lincoln MIG
Everlast 256S Combo Arc/TIG/Plasma
Millermatic 211
OTHill

Post by OTHill »

Can't seem to download these files.I " save file as" and it just tells me File Name is invalid.Any ideas anyone? Thanks
5x10 table,Precision plasma gantry,Cand CNC electronics,Hypertherm 65 plasma,King lathe and mill,255 lincoln mig welder.Dawson Creek BC. Much modified Fastcut 4x8 plasma table with Ethercut
chevybythesea
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by chevybythesea »

Awesome thanks! Side question - anyone have a good way to batch run these so I can have jpgs of each file, rather than opening each one?
5x10 ArcLight Dynamics Plasma table
http://www.thesteelyardinc.net
jbright
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by jbright »

Thanks for all the files. They are not perfect but I'm not exactly perfect myself. Really appreciate it. Thanks again.

Return to “DXF & SVG Plasma Cutting File Sharing Forum”