Grating for a drain 24x24

Share, browse, & download dxf, svg, or other vector based designs. If you take be sure to give back.
nuno115
2 Star Elite Contributing Member
2 Star Elite Contributing Member

Grating for a drain 24x24

Post by nuno115 »

Just made this for a friend, he needed a center grating on his yard.
There is a file ready to cut for the Tracker Plasma machine.

He wanted it to look like a flag, but I did not like the Idea of stepping on it, do you think this was a good decision?

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Zippo
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Grating for a drain 24x24

Post by Zippo »

Thanks for posting
Shane Warnick
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Re: Grating for a drain 24x24

Post by Shane Warnick »

Cool file. As far as being a good decision, I guess it depends on whether or not he is paying for it or you are just hooking him up. If he is a paying customer, I would (disclaimer here, this is my opinion and is only mine so please nobody get their feelers hurt) say give him what he asked for unless it crosses a moral line for you, then turn the job down or tell him you will cut your design but not his. If he is not paying and you are just hooking him up, I guess he will get what you are willing to give him.

As far as it being stepped on, it is a representation of the flag, that being said, I have seen many flags and their likenesses used on murals in floors, rugs, bathmats, basketball courts, state seals and capitals, etc. Personally (again my opinion), I would have drawn it as requested and cut it, and perhaps hooked him up with my local powder coater to get some pimp powder put on it on the down low and he would have a grate for his drain with some SHAZAAM on it. I would have something that would get my name and business brought up every time someone saw it and asked "Hey where did that come from?"

That having been said, I have turned down jobs that were across the line for me. Luckily I have never been asked to cut something that was for the Westboro Baptist Church or some other group that I despise personally, (I would tell them hit the road or give them a quote for $500K or something retarded) however, I have declined work just because it was very uncouth and lacked even a modicum of taste. I simply did not want my name associated with the images that I was asked to cut.

All this aside, the file you posted is cool and would be a great drain cover. Good decision or not, that's your call.

Return to “DXF & SVG Plasma Cutting File Sharing Forum”