Highwaymen Cash Nelson

Share, browse, & download dxf, svg, or other vector based designs. If you take be sure to give back.
tomloewen
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Highwaymen Cash Nelson

Post by tomloewen »

I changed programs and this is my first attempt using CorelDRAW. So if anyone finds any notable issues or problems with this file, please let me know.

I've posted a number of files and I appreciate your kind comments, but you know what I really enjoy? Is when you guys post a photo of the finished product, its just nice to see where they end up and the unexpected ideas you guys do with downloaded files; there's a lot of creative people out there.
Tom

ok, this dxf file was delete, you guys can download Jason's version below.
Tom
Last edited by tomloewen on Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
MetalTorcher
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Highwaymen

Post by MetalTorcher »

I checked your file Tom and there were some intersections that needed cleaning up. Here is your file with some smoothing and node reduction.
highwaymen.JPG
Edit: Just noticed a small piece at the bottom center that would not need to be there

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Jason Lyon
PlasmaCAM DHC2
Advanced DesignEdge
Hypertherm Powermax 1000
Duramax mini torch with Snap n Cut
Everlast PowerMTS 251si
Torturing metal since 2014
HammerDownJustin
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by HammerDownJustin »

Pretty cool but there is a whole section to show finished work off.
Home built 5x10 table CandCNC electronics
Miller 251 Mig
And lots of other cool stuff...
tomloewen

Post by tomloewen »

MetalTorcher wrote:I checked your file Tom and there were some intersections that needed cleaning up. Here is your file with some smoothing and node reduction.
highwaymen.JPG
Edit: Just noticed a small piece at the bottom center that would not need to be there

Thanks Jason, you mention that there's some intersections that needed cleaning up. Briefly, do you know if I can check that myself in CorelDRAW?
Tom

I also noticed something else. Your file is 172kb, and my file is 949kb, yet when I do a node count I have less nodes, or at least on most objects selected. How can that be?
Tom
Last edited by tomloewen on Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tomloewen

Post by tomloewen »

HammerDownJustin wrote:Pretty cool but there is a whole section to show finished work off.

Where? Under one of the forums?
Tom
MetalTorcher
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by MetalTorcher »

tomloewen wrote:
MetalTorcher wrote:I checked your file Tom and there were some intersections that needed cleaning up. Here is your file with some smoothing and node reduction.
highwaymen.JPG

Thanks Jason, you mention that there's some intersections that needed cleaning up. Briefly, do you know if I can check that myself in CorelDRAW?
Tom

I also noticed something else. Your file is 172kb, and my file is 949kb, yet when I do a node count I have less nodes, or at least on most objects selected. How can that be?
Tom
I'm not sure if you can check for intersections in CorelDraw as I'm not familiar with that program. You may be able to check by zooming in and checking that way but that would be tedious with a large detailed file. Maybe Muzza would be able to give you some insight? With DesignEdge I just select the entire file and hit D to instantly bring up any intersections that you might not be able to see but might give you problems when cutting. As to node count, there again I'm not exactly sure of the difference between CorelDraw and DesignEdge but I do know that after smoothing in DesignEdge the file is always smaller than most other software can do. Maybe that's why it costs $2000. :shock:
Jason Lyon
PlasmaCAM DHC2
Advanced DesignEdge
Hypertherm Powermax 1000
Everlast PowerMTS 251si
MetalTorcher
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by MetalTorcher »

tomloewen wrote:
HammerDownJustin wrote:Pretty cool but there is a whole section to show finished work off.

Tom
Under CNC Plasma Cutter Project Picture Gallery.
Jason Lyon
PlasmaCAM DHC2
Advanced DesignEdge
Hypertherm Powermax 1000
Everlast PowerMTS 251si
muzza
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by muzza »

MetalTorcher wrote:
tomloewen wrote:

Tom
Under CNC Plasma Cutter Project Picture Gallery.
That section is for cut/ finished items, Tom you are in the right part for files.
Murray
MetalTorcher
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by MetalTorcher »

Tom[/quote]
Under CNC Plasma Cutter Project Picture Gallery.[/quote]

That section is for cut/ finished items, Tom you are in the right part for files.
Murray[/quote]
You missed part of the conversation muzza, I think maybe Tom deleted it. He was wondering if Plasmaspider could have a section where pictures of cut projects could be posted, Hammerdownjustin told him there already was a section for that. At least that was the way I understood it.
Jason Lyon
PlasmaCAM DHC2
Advanced DesignEdge
Hypertherm Powermax 1000
Everlast PowerMTS 251si
tomloewen

Post by tomloewen »

MetalTorcher wrote:Where? Under one of the forums?
Tom

Murray[/quote]
You missed part of the conversation muzza, I think maybe Tom deleted it. He was wondering if Plasmaspider could have a section where pictures of cut projects could be posted, Hammerdownjustin told him there already was a section for that. At least that was the way I understood it.[/quote]

Yep that's right Jason, but I checked that out and its pretty much just another discussion forum, with some photos. What I was getting at is a place to go within plasmaspider.com where photos could be posted of finished work, with no fields for comments or discussion, cause all the other forums are there for that.

To show what I mean, I'm posting a picture of the back step of my home that I just re-did. And say for instance, if the dxf file of the cutouts in the photo have been posted, a link should be provided for download.

I know there's a lot of creative guys out there, and we feed off the ideas of others. But right now, the photos are near randomly placed in different forums . . . just a thought.
Tom

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

muzza
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by muzza »

MetalTorcher wrote:Where? Under one of the forums?
Tom

Murray[/quote]
You missed part of the conversation muzza, I think maybe Tom deleted it. He was wondering if Plasmaspider could have a section where pictures of cut projects could be posted, Hammerdownjustin told him there already was a section for that. At least that was the way I understood it.[/quote]

No problems, sorry. :oops: One of the problems with being on the other side of the world is the half day time lapse between when post are made and when I get to read them.
Murray
crazy59860
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by crazy59860 »

Wow........awesome work......
Toni

Return to “DXF & SVG Plasma Cutting File Sharing Forum”