Car Racing bathroom signs

Share, browse, & download dxf, svg, or other vector based designs. If you take be sure to give back.
tomloewen
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Car Racing bathroom signs

Post by tomloewen »

Here's some more theme specific bathroom signs. I apologize for the size, (they're about 36" in height) but to get them smaller I would loose too much detail, even how they are now, the eyes might prove too tight for plasma. For you guys that prefer them scaled down, I'm supposing you can delete all the interior detail and have them as a silhouette? Personally I think if they were cut out of say, 3/16 aluminum and buffed out, they'd look pretty sharp . . . I know aluminum's not cheap, just a thought.

If anyone finds issues or errors in this file, please let me know and either you can post yours with corrections and I'll delete mine, or I can fix mine and re-post.

I'm going to be working on some other theme specific bathroom signs, e.g. tennis, gym and so forth. I don't know about you guys but I've grown weary of these generic punch-out washroom signs we've been seeing for decades now. First off, you got some guy standing with arms and legs spread, like he's getting ready to bend over for a rectal examination Then you got some gal standing there with a skirt on, which isn't really relevant to the times. And why don't these gals ever have boobs? (Can I say "boobs" on this site?) And I'm not talking about double D's; even a nice pair of C's would do! I also think the current signs are too much alike and can be confused . . . especially if you're in a rush.

I know I'm not the only guy who's taken a fast glimpse at the sign on the door, only to walk in, open your zipper, and stand there looking around for a urinal that's not there.

I think it'd be nice to get a little creative with washroom signs, if you guys have any ideas for themes, please let me know.
Tom

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Larry83301
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Car Racing bathroom signs

Post by Larry83301 »

Very nice! I lived in California and there you have a lot of problems if you don't put up the "approved" signs. :lol: :lol:
These look much better but some of the dumb a$$ people down there would sue you if the wrong sign was put up.

Larry
tomloewen

Post by tomloewen »

Larry83301 wrote:Very nice! I lived in California and there you have a lot of problems if you don't put up the "approved" signs. :lol: :lol:
These look much better but some of the dumb a$$ people down there would sue you if the wrong sign was put up.

Larry
Your kidding . . . I never thought about any legal issues with this stuff.
Larry83301

Post by Larry83301 »

[/quote]

Your kidding . . . I never thought about any legal issues with this stuff.[/quote]

This is just part of the "code" that the Dumb A$$ people in charge make you follow, there is a bunch more but you get the idea. :D :D :D :D :D

Geometric Symbol Sign

A geometric symbol sign is centered on the door, with the vertical center of the sign 60 inches above the finish floor. The entire symbol must contrast with the door. Your sign must be light on a dark door, or dark on a light door. The symbol for a facility to be used by females is a 12 inch diameter circle, 1/4 inch thick. For a male facility, the symbol is a 12 inch equilateral triangle, 1/4 inch thick. For a single user or "family" facility (unisex), a 1/4 inch triangle is superimposed on a 1/4 inch thick circle 12 inches in diameter. Although it isn't stated in the code yet, the triangle should contrast with the circle, which should contrast, in turn, with the door. It is fine to include the International Symbol of Accessibility on the geometric symbol, or even to repeat the appropriate gender pictogram. However, if you do choose to put the gender pictogram on the geometric symbol, you must also include it on the accompanying tactile wall sign. The ISA does not need to be repeated on the wall sign. If text, a pictogram or ISA is included on the geometric symbol sign, it must contrast with the sign background, and the sign and graphics must be non-glare.

Larry
tomloewen

Post by tomloewen »

Larry83301 wrote:
Your kidding . . . I never thought about any legal issues with this stuff.[/quote]

This is just part of the "code" that the Dumb A$$ people in charge make you follow, there is a bunch more but you get the idea. :D :D :D :D :D

Geometric Symbol Sign

A geometric symbol sign is centered on the door, with the vertical center of the sign 60 inches above the finish floor. The entire symbol must contrast with the door. Your sign must be light on a dark door, or dark on a light door. The symbol for a facility to be used by females is a 12 inch diameter circle, 1/4 inch thick. For a male facility, the symbol is a 12 inch equilateral triangle, 1/4 inch thick. For a single user or "family" facility (unisex), a 1/4 inch triangle is superimposed on a 1/4 inch thick circle 12 inches in diameter. Although it isn't stated in the code yet, the triangle should contrast with the circle, which should contrast, in turn, with the door. It is fine to include the International Symbol of Accessibility on the geometric symbol, or even to repeat the appropriate gender pictogram. However, if you do choose to put the gender pictogram on the geometric symbol, you must also include it on the accompanying tactile wall sign. The ISA does not need to be repeated on the wall sign. If text, a pictogram or ISA is included on the geometric symbol sign, it must contrast with the sign background, and the sign and graphics must be non-glare.

Larry[/quote]

Oh crap! I heard smokn' dope is an issue down there . . . looks like the bureaucrats are into more than others :lol:
grindergary
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by grindergary »

Nice work, very talented.

I really like your work.

Gary
4x8 Home made with Precision Plasma LLC. Gantry
4x8 Home Router made with Precision Plasma LLC. Gantry
Candcnc DHCTII Electronics
Hypertherm Powermax 105 machine torch
Sheetcam, Mach 3
Corel Draw 8, V Carve Pro
Miller CTS 280 Miller Mig
tomloewen

Post by tomloewen »

grindergary wrote:Nice work, very talented.

I really like your work.

Gary

Thanks Gary, I see you're in Edmonton, I'm in Ponoka
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by beefy »

Thanks very much Tom.

You're right, most of the bathroom signs are pretty boring. I wonder if we have the same sort of regulations here in Australia. If not I'm sure they'll pick up on it, I think it's a hobby for the "safety" guys to think up more stupid regulations.

Keith.
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019

Return to “DXF & SVG Plasma Cutting File Sharing Forum”