Uncle Sam

Share, browse, & download dxf, svg, or other vector based designs. If you take be sure to give back.
tomloewen
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Uncle Sam

Post by tomloewen »

I had some trouble with two wonky lines in this file; the nose line and one line on Uncle Sam's shirt. But they would only appear in one program and not the other. I think I fixed it but please let me know if someone finds the same thing going on when you open this file.
Thanks,
Tom

NOTE:
Jason brought up the quality of this file, so I've deleted my original dxf file. You guys can download Jason's version below.
Tom
Last edited by tomloewen on Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Larry83301
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Uncle Sam

Post by Larry83301 »

Opens OK for me, all the lines are there. Thanks for the file! :D :D

Larry
tomloewen

Post by tomloewen »

Larry83301 wrote:Opens OK for me, all the lines are there. Thanks for the file! :D :D

Larry
you bet
CNCCAJUN
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by CNCCAJUN »

Thank you . . .

Steve :D
Smiling Gator Metal Works, LLC
Dynatorch 4X4 XLS
PowerMAX 85
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
cbassjr
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by cbassjr »

Thanks. I don't say it enough but you really put out some nice stuff and even though we might not always say it enough to you and everyone else who contributes so much on here I just want everyone to know we all owe everyone a big thank you!!!!
MetalTorcher
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by MetalTorcher »

I did some more smoothing and brought the node count down to around half of the original file. There was also an open line around the perimeter of the file, joined that as well. Thanks for all your work Tom, you really have talent!

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Jason Lyon
PlasmaCAM DHC2
Advanced DesignEdge
Hypertherm Powermax 1000
Duramax mini torch with Snap n Cut
Everlast PowerMTS 251si
Torturing metal since 2014
tomloewen

Post by tomloewen »

MetalTorcher wrote:I did some more smoothing and brought the node count down to around half of the original file. There was also an open line around the perimeter of the file, joined that as well. Thanks for all your work Tom, you really have talent!

Ok thanks Jason, I'll delete mine. I appreciate your comments, I just need to get better with the technical stuff. And Dammm . . . you got it down to 84kb, don't know how you do that :)
Tom
muzza
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by muzza »

Here you go Tom, I know you like to see them cut and I figure if you can take the time to draw it, I can take the time to cut it. You never know, I might even get an expat down under that want's to buy it ;)

Cut in 16 gauge with a backing piece cut with a 4mm outside contour. I'll probably paint the backing black and clear the front piece and mount it with about 6mm stand off to give it a bit more dimension.

Thanks for the design.
Murray

tomloewen

Post by tomloewen »

muzza wrote:Here you go Tom, I know you like to see them cut and I figure if you can take the time to draw it, I can take the time to cut it. You never know, I might even get an expat down under that want's to buy it ;)

Cut in 16 gauge with a backing piece cut with a 4mm outside contour. I'll probably paint the backing black and clear the front piece and mount it with about 6mm stand off to give it a bit more dimension.

Thanks for the design.
Murray

That looks great Murray, thanks. And you gave me an idea. The file Highwaymen, I actually did that for one of my sons, and I'm going to have it done as you mentioned. The 6mm (1/4") stand off will most definitely give the perception of depth.
Tom
Robert
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Robert »

Thanks looks really good
tomloewen

Post by tomloewen »

cbassjr wrote:Thanks. I don't say it enough but you really put out some nice stuff and even though we might not always say it enough to you and everyone else who contributes so much on here I just want everyone to know we all owe everyone a big thank you!!!!
Thanks, I appreciate your comments. On a personal level I believe artwork should be shared. And I know all are not able to share what they make, and that's fine, that's good. But I don't use this as a source of income, so I'm fortunate enough to be able to share it. I hope you guys enjoy the files and don't be shy to show your work :)
Tom

Return to “DXF & SVG Plasma Cutting File Sharing Forum”