Choctaw Nation Seal

Share, browse, & download dxf, svg, or other vector based designs. If you take be sure to give back.
StumblingAcres
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Choctaw Nation Seal

Post by StumblingAcres »

Hello Everyone,

I am still new and learning each day. I have a friend who asked if a 2 ft by 2 ft Choctaw nation seal can be made out of medal. I downloaded several pictures off the internet but am having trouble making any of them a fie that will cut. I am attaching a picture of what i am trying to cut, It does not have to be exactly like that, the writing and the inside image is the important part. The rings around the outside and in the middle don't have to be like that. I am hoping someone can either help me in making this or make this a file that will cut and maybe explain how they did itso i can study it. So in future maybe i can fix the problem myself.

THANK YOU
Larry83301
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Choctaw Nation Seal

Post by Larry83301 »

StumblingAcres wrote:Hello Everyone,

I am still new and learning each day. I have a friend who asked if a 2 ft by 2 ft Choctaw nation seal can be made out of medal. I downloaded several pictures off the internet but am having trouble making any of them a fie that will cut. I am attaching a picture of what i am trying to cut, It does not have to be exactly like that, the writing and the inside image is the important part. The rings around the outside and in the middle don't have to be like that. I am hoping someone can either help me in making this or make this a file that will cut and maybe explain how they did itso i can study it. So in future maybe i can fix the problem myself.

THANK YOU
My steps.
Find large clean drawing ( coloring pages of whatever ) (GOOGLE search)
Load into either MasterCam or Scan2CAD
Clean up some of the image so it can be sized
Save the image as a DXF file
Figure out just how much of the detail I want to keep
Redraw the lines and circles of what I plan to keep
Screen dump to PAINT and fill the solid parts and see where I screwed up
Go back to step 6 and keep doing it until I have a part that I'm proud of
Create an NC file and verify it in MasterCam
Take file to machine and cut part

That about sums it up for an EASY part, the hard ones are just more of the same steps, sometimes with more programs involved. :D

Larry

P.S. This program is at step 4. You will decide what you want to keep and then go from there, OK

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

StumblingAcres
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by StumblingAcres »

Larry,

I can not thank you enough for giving me some tips on how to do it, and thanks for the file. I will post when i cut it. If i am correct I will remove some of the extra circles in sheetcam, so that it will be one piece once its cut I will post when i cut this.

THANK YOU
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

You may want to cut about 3 different layers and then assemble them as a 3D plaque.
This would give you depth and be more dramatic also would help applying color.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “DXF & SVG Plasma Cutting File Sharing Forum”