Galaxy tablet ???

General software related questions should be posted here.
cbassjr
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Galaxy tablet ???

Post by cbassjr »

Recently I purchased a Samsung Galaxy tablet and I upgraded my smartphone to a Samsung pro which has the tablet stylus drawing pen. Last week I purchased corel x6. My initial thoughts when I purchased the tablet was to use it as a tablet to draw and trace images but have not found a suitable program. My question is is anyone using a tablet like this for drawing? If anyone is using a smart tablet (like they would a Wacom and corel draw) and what drawing apps have you had success with. Also I purchased acad app to create, edit and view dxf's. I have not used the edit and create features in acad app yet only the view.
illusivedf
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: Galaxy tablet ???

Post by illusivedf »

I made a similar post with a video in the Inkscape forum about a week or so ago just testing somethings out.
Owner at Illusive Design & Fabrications
http://www.illusivefabrications.com
Air Ride Suspension Parts
Metal Fabrication
Dynatorch 4x8 with Hypertherm 1250
Vinyl Decals & Signs
Powder Coating
cbassjr
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by cbassjr »

Yeah I downloaded the Inkscape app haven't had much success with it. I have tried the drawing app that comes from Samsung with a little success but mostly on rough sketch idea stuff. I tried for almost 10 hours to do a trace and finally uploaded it and about 20 minutes later I got it back from Ben. The stylus seems to have a problem making contact through paper. I used to be pretty good with corel draw when I designed Web sites but that was over 10 years ago. I'm really not sure how you all do your traces use scans and paper or image jpeg and trace that. I saw that corel demo recently under the knife blank post and that was what inspired me to buy corel and install on my desktop. Looks like everyone is using a tablet like Wacom with it though which I tried to buy under my wife's radar but naturally she open my cc bill and got caught before I could pay for it. My next stop is a Wacom for the desktop I guess. My only reasoning initially when I bought the galaxy tablet was to be able to do these traces as I saw the inkscape app but am having a problem using it with the stylus for some reason. Are there any you tubes on using it with a tablet?
muzza
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by muzza »

If you want to learn Corel, I found Steve Goods series from this one forward very helpful. He takes a while to tell the story but what he is doing to create scroll saw designs is pretty much the same as what we need to know.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU5IyrClxiM

Also don't forget to have a read through Gamelords posts in the Corel forum here, he's a wealth of information and has taught me heaps.

As for tablet, I have a Wacom intuos Pro but probably my fault more than anything don't use it as often as I should. I really use it for freehand type stuff mostly, car traces etc. I generally use the mouse.

One really good thing about Corel is that the more you use it, the more you discover you can do with it and often there is numerous ways to do what your after so you can use what suits you best.
Murray
tm america
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by tm america »

I am also looking for a cad-cam app that works with android?I have found a couple cad programs that work fairly well but nothing for the can side of things.i found a couple nice host apps that work with my machines.i am making all my machines where they run from a usb cable ,from an SD card,or bluetooth from a table..I have pprograms that work from the computer but still am open to sugestions for android app

Return to “General Discussion”