File Sharing

Share, browse, & download dxf, svg, or other vector based designs. If you take be sure to give back.
DARRYL21270
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

File Sharing

Post by DARRYL21270 »

I've noticed a lot of posts lately asking for the simplest of designs that can be found on your own with very little effort online. I hardly ever use anything that can be bought or borrowed because why make something everyone else is making. BE ORIGINAL and design your own stuff. There's literally millions of photo's , clipart , etc that can be saved to your computer and depending on what software you use for your machine they all can be coverted into a file that will cut. The people who make these files spend hours if not days making them and for someone to come along and steal all that hard work is disheartening.If you can't come up with your own design's maybe your in the wrong business and should look elsewhere.There's no money to be made if you sell something everyone else is making.
richardlw
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: File Sharing

Post by richardlw »

why are u watching the share forum if u do your own art lots of different skill levels here lighten up
parrotlady
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by parrotlady »

People post their drawings and files here willingly. No one is "stealing" anything. In addition, people are on here from all over North America, so chances of people meeting at a market or something with the exact same product is very slim. I, for one, find it quite difficult and time consuming to convert drawings into DXF files, and consider myself to be somewhat computer capable, that is why I like this forum, and I have also bought several files from people who do this professionally. Of course it is nice to be completely orginal; we all know that, but as the previous poster said, "why are you looking on the sharing forum?"
mdwalker
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by mdwalker »

DARRYL21270 wrote:I've noticed a lot of posts lately asking for the simplest of designs that can be found on your own with very little effort online. I hardly ever use anything that can be bought or borrowed because why make something everyone else is making. BE ORIGINAL and design your own stuff. There's literally millions of photo's , clipart , etc that can be saved to your computer and depending on what software you use for your machine they all can be coverted into a file that will cut. The people who make these files spend hours if not days making them and for someone to come along and steal all that hard work is disheartening.If you can't come up with your own design's maybe your in the wrong business and should look elsewhere.There's no money to be made if you sell something everyone else is making.
I started to comment on this earlier but I was in a good mood so I didn't. Now I've been up too long without any sleep.

"I've noticed a lot of posts lately asking for the simplest of designs that can be found on your own with very little effort online. I hardly ever use anything that can be bought or borrowed because why make something everyone else is making." This board has a section for "FILE SHARING". If somebody wants to share their files then what's it to you? Sometimes people are so busy that somebody sharing a simple file can save a lot of time and sometimes mean the difference in making a sale. It's a 2-way road. If somebody helps you out then give something back.

"BE ORIGINAL and design your own stuff." First of all if you think that ORIGINAL stuff is all that sells then you are missing out. There are people all across the country that make a very nice living selling the same thing everyday. Besides, the more of us that sells cookie cutter stuff, the larger the market is for your ORIGINAL stuff.

?There's literally millions of photo's , clipart , etc that can be saved to your computer and depending on what software you use for your machine they all can be coverted into a file that will cut. The people who make these files spend hours if not days making them and for someone to come along and steal all that hard work is disheartening.If you can't come up with your own design's maybe your in the wrong business and should look elsewhere.? Practice what you preach. Do you own the millions of photo?s, clipart, ect. that you are saving to your computer and converting into cut files? Stealing is stealing. Just because you had to spend a few minutes converting an image to a cut file doesn?t make it your image. Besides, I thought you were in to ORIGINAL.

?There's no money to be made if you sell something everyone else is making.? I can prove you wrong. There are plenty of generic type items that can be sold as fast as you make them. You should try it. You could be making extra money while you are designing your ORIGINAL stuff.

And last but not least??If you are going to complain about how this site is used you should at least become a contributing member (you can tell who they are, their user names are in purple).
I feel better now. I think I will go to bed.
Danny Walker
Walker Manufacturing
Tishomingo, Oklahoma USA
www.walkermfg.net
Jetdctr
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Jetdctr »

mdwalker,

You make some good points, but I have to take offense at your last comment:

"And last but not least??If you are going to complain about how this site is used you should at least become a contributing member (you can tell who they are, their user names are in purple)."

There are a lot of contributing members that do not have a purple Moniker.
It's not always a monetary contribution that counts, some people only have luxury of Time as the gift of creating and sharing their work with others. I hope you can see that as contributing too. :mrgreen:
DARRYL21270
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by DARRYL21270 »

tHE MAIN POINT i WAS TRYING TO MAKE IN MY STATEMENT IS THAT WITH VERY LITTLE EFFORT YOU CAN FIND YOUR OWN PICTURES ONLINE.FILE SHARING IS A GOOD THING BUT WHEN SOMEONE CAN'T EVEN PUT IN THE EFFORT TO FIND SOMETHING AS SIMPLE AS A DOG OR A COWBOY BOOT IT SEEMS AS THOUGH THEY ARE TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE WHOLE IDEA BEHIND FILE SHARING. i SOMETIMES SPEND HOURS IF NOT DAYS CONVERTING IMAGES INTO USABLE CUT FILES AND ALSO COMING UP WITH ORIGINAL PIECES AS WELL. tHE MARKET IS BOMBARDED WITH EVERYONE SELLING ALL THE SAME STUFF NOT BECAUSE IT SELLS BUT BECAUSE THERE'S NO ORIGINALITY. I POST HERE EVERY SO OFTEN SO I AM A CONTRIBUTING MEMBER, MAYBE YOU SHOULD CHECK THE ARCHIVES.HERE'S AN ORIGINAL HAND PAINTED PIECE I MADE AND I SELL AT LOCAL CRAFT FAIRS FOR $125 EACH , I SOLD 30 OF THEM ABOUT TWO WEEKS AGO.
DARRYL21270
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by DARRYL21270 »

Here are some pieces i've made in the past
mdwalker

Post by mdwalker »

Jetdctr wrote:mdwalker,

You make some good points, but I have to take offense at your last comment:

"And last but not least??If you are going to complain about how this site is used you should at least become a contributing member (you can tell who they are, their user names are in purple)."

There are a lot of contributing members that do not have a purple Moniker.
It's not always a monetary contribution that counts, some people only have luxury of Time as the gift of creating and sharing their work with others. I hope you can see that as contributing too. :mrgreen:

Sorry to offend you but I stand by my statement. Maybe it should have read financial contribution. It is great that you and others contribute files but it is the financial contribution that I am talking about. It takes both types of contributions to keep this board up and running. It's not required but even a small financial contribution every so often will help keep this board up and available. You can refer to this link for more info or click on the donate now button at the top of each page. http://www.plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=752

BTW Darryl21270, you do nice work........except for the "green leafy substance".
Danny Walker
Walker Manufacturing
Tishomingo, Oklahoma USA
www.walkermfg.net
DARRYL21270
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by DARRYL21270 »

Thanks for the comment about the work. I've received numerous private messages from other members about the sheer laziness of some of the members when it comes to finding their own artwork so I am not alone in my opinions.
DumOleBob
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by DumOleBob »

Darrly21270 - I?m on your side ? well, mostly. I posted a comment here awhile back urging folks to be creative AND did I ever get hammered! So I?ll not go there again. :cry:

I guess I?m an old-timer by CNC cutting standards. I have way over ten thousand CNC files on my computer and countless thousands of image files not yet converted to CNC. :lol:

The Administration will tell you that I have written them a couple of dozen times protesting files posted here which were obviously NOT draw by the poster. The most recent was the posting of the Wyoming Bucking Horse Logo, which is the sole property of the U Of Wyoming, who rigorously enforces their copyright. If the University saw the file they would rattle our cage! Anyway, the person posted that file, well meaning as they certainly were, had not drawn it and thus had no right to post it to the forum!

The ?test? is simple. IF YOU DIDN?T DRAW IT DON?T POST IT! Draw means to take pen in hand and draw it from scratch using your God given talent. It does not mean you compiled it from the original art of others. It does not mean you cut and pasted stuff you bought from folks like Mike Elin or Cascade Designs, etc.

Here is another example. I don't think there is any legal or ethical problem with folks posting photos of their finished work even though they used an image they had not drawn, but still had the right to use. I?m NOT saying you did anything illegal or devisive, BUT, you posted a pic of a finished piece you did depicting a tiger (very nicely finished I must say). However, a reader of your message might assume from the text that you were purporting it to be your original artwork. Frankly, I?ve had that exact file on my computer since 1999. A friend gave it to me and I know exactly who and when. Thus, if you drew it yourself it must have been prior to 1999 and my friend lifted or stole it from you. And so it goes. :roll:

My point here is to not embarrass or infuriate anyone (but, alas it certainly will :twisted: ). It is simply to say over and over again. IF YOU DIDN?T DRAW IT, (it or pay to have someone draw it) THEN IT IS NOT YOURS AND YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO POST IT TO THE INTERNET!

The other thing is folks who don?t venture into gathering their own, original artwork (even if they pay to have it drawn) are missing most of the fun of CNC cutting! Cuttin? out cookies gets old ? fast! Be creative - have some FUN!
Metal-Madness
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Metal-Madness »

LOL can you share the tiger .DXF ?!?
DARRYL21270
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by DARRYL21270 »

Point taken Bob. I am just finishing up about a half dozen new tigers and I will post them when finished. I will not share any of the files but if someone wishes to copy and paste them or save the files to there computer's then spend hours deleting all the lines that come up be my guest. Anything truly worth wanting should be gained through a little effort.
capitali
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by capitali »

It's inevitable, more often than not you can find the same discussion (with and without heat) on almost every forum across the internet. it always boils down to the same thing, which is...
If you don't like what you see here, then don't visit. It's a very simple concept. Those that enjoy sharing are going to stay and support the forum in one way or another. Contrary to popular beleif, the forum members do not hold you bound and gagged at the forum you are questiong, you are freel to walk away :) Please, take the drama with you. This is a fun place , not a downer !

Signed
A happy go lucky sharing kinda person who would help a brotha or sista out in a heartbeat......

Michelle
DARRYL21270
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by DARRYL21270 »

If you had read the topic of the thread you would have better understood what I was talking about. I am reffereing to people who come on here asking for a file of something that can be found anywhere with very little effort. I post on here and share as well but it seems lately that some people would rather gain from someone elses hard work and effort. File sharing is a good thing as i've mentioned earlier but I don't feel laziness has any place here and just like you said if I don't like something I should go elsewhere than so should you since you obviously don't understand the meaning of the thread to begin with.

Signed
Another happy go lucky sharing kinda person who would help a brotha or sista out in a heartbeat......
AnotherDano
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by AnotherDano »

The most recent was the posting of the Wyoming Bucking Horse Logo, which is the sole property of the U Of Wyoming, who rigorously enforces their copyright. If the University saw the file they would rattle our cage! Anyway, the person posted that file, well meaning as they certainly were, had not drawn it and thus had no right to post it to the forum!
DumOlBob is exactly right. I obtained a license to cut the logo and I follow the rules. There aren't many and they all are common sense.

All they ask is that I pass a new design by them (background, etc). After a while, they get to know you and as long as you don't make anything that would embarass them, all is golden.

They provide a roll of laser-printed stickers to be applied to each product, or the package they are placed in. The stickers are numbered for tracking. They also require a licensing fee of 7% for each product sold and it is handled on a gentleman's agreement basis.

[img]Re: Payment Confirmation for New Members

Dano Roberts
droberts@ironpequod.com
PlasmaCam DHC-2 v3.11
Hypertherm PowerMax-30
Serving Laramie, Wy since Thursday
Chozer
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Chozer »

Hmmmm....
BLABLABLABLABLABLABLABLA... uhmmm the file's!!!! :lol:
ericandmollie
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by ericandmollie »

Chozer wrote:Hmmmm....
BLABLABLABLABLABLABLABLA... uhmmm the file's!!!! :lol:
Hahahaha
jrios
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by jrios »

DARRYL21270 wrote:Point taken Bob. I am just finishing up about a half dozen new tigers and I will post them when finished. I will not share any of the files but if someone wishes to copy and paste them or save the files to there computer's then spend hours deleting all the lines that come up be my guest. Anything truly worth wanting should be gained through a little effort.
Welll thanks for the permission in sharing that tiger with us very nice of you.....I spent less than 5 minutes in your design.. you had said hours....jjejej obviously your not very efficient with your craft...

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

cambo
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by cambo »

WOW that was interesting!!!When we judge other people,that is when we need to look inside ourselves and find that inner peace!
Meditation helps!
cambo
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by cambo »

Oh Ya and by the way I believe this was posted in the wrong section of this forum.
TammyVB
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by TammyVB »

I appreciate being able to find a file from this forum and use it or modify a little and use it for my business. It's a huge timesaver and I have found some great files. I'm really not worried about selling the same thing that someone else is selling...it's a big world out there. If it happens, oh well...One of my best selling weathervanes is from a file that I downloaded from this forum.
eibmal
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by eibmal »

Hmmm! lot's of emotions.
Most of the files out there are cheap to buy, and include a licence. Use them to create cool art.
DARRYL21270
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by DARRYL21270 »

I was reffering to the time it takes to design something from nothing or deleting multiple layers of lines from a stock vector or clip-art image unless you enjoy wasting tips as your torch goes in circles over and over again.
wanda
1.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
1.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by wanda »

Oh my I just had to get in on this one.. I for one am very new to the forum I had a waterjet dropped in my lap with only (old school programming G code and M code knowledge ) I had no clue what a dxf file was. I searched the internet over and found plasmaspider. And without all of the wonderful people that converted and still convert some files for me , That waterjet would be collecting dust right now, but its not, thanks to the people out there that are willing to help someone who knows absolutly nothing about this type of thing.

I AM sure if you think back one day you were just like alot of us, you were not born with the gift of knowledge on how to draw or run your equipment, but someone took the time or was paid enough to teach you. So there you go this site is for dummies too.. not only for you Xperts

So THANKS A BUNCH EVERYONE THAT HAS EVER HELPED ME OUT and Thanks for not being like this! ;)

Wanda.
RBRAGUE
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by RBRAGUE »

Lighten up Y'uall-
If you don't want to contribute don't .
If you don't want to take the time to learn how to make your simple files don't, you can continue to ask.
If you don't want to look elsewhere for your simple files don't, you can continue to ask.

Lets chill out and enjoy this forum!!!

Return to “DXF & SVG Plasma Cutting File Sharing Forum”