Yeti powder coat stand.

Share, browse, & download dxf, svg, or other vector based designs. If you take be sure to give back.
Unvevo
2 Star Elite Contributing Member

Yeti powder coat stand.

Post by Unvevo »

I used 12ga cold roll for this and it has worked great so far. Ive built a couple of them. The cold roll pipe i used was 1/4". I made it 8.5" tall and the hole was 2.25" from the bottom. I drilled it to fit a cotterpin I had laying around. You can drill multiple holes to do every size yeti. Threw a zip tie on it to make it easier to pull out, I dont really like the zip tie method though. I need some small metal rope, so I can pull it straight out. I have problems opening dxf files so I included dxf and svg files.

If anybody is interested in Powdercoating but hasnt done research yet. I have about $400 in my gun, oven, and quite a bit of powder from Eastwood. You can buy the cheap ozark cups from walmart for $9.50 a piece or just have customers bring in their own. I charge $25 for one color without cup, and $35 for two colors.

Quick Video: https://youtu.be/P5zDzPLSJnw

Yeti PC base blank.dxf
Yeti PC base blank.svg
Yeti PC Spin plate thick.dxf
Yeti PC Spin plate thick.svg
Yeti PC top plate.dxf
Yeti PC top plate.svg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

radicalrescue
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Yeti powder coat stand.

Post by radicalrescue »

that cool thanks i just got my cup an was think on how to make it different from my boss thanks for the file
Largemouthlou
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by Largemouthlou »

Thanks for the share!! Does the powder not stick the cup to the fabric once you cure?
1250 hypertherm
4 X 8 Precision Plasma
CandCnC electronics
radicalrescue
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by radicalrescue »

lmi i think u remove the fabric be for u cure it, but if u used cyclone tape or a cyclone rubber gasket ..thanks for the post also
Unvevo

Post by Unvevo »

You pull the pin after you powder coat. It drops the spin plate. And then you pull off the paper towel. Some people use high temperature tape. It takes more time and cost more money.
Largemouthlou
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by Largemouthlou »

Ahhhh, thank you.. should have been obvious!! LOL Thanks again
1250 hypertherm
4 X 8 Precision Plasma
CandCnC electronics
RGR
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by RGR »

what do you recommend for a oven?
plasma_burn
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by plasma_burn »

I saw a Youtube video where the rod was all thread and the bottom base was threaded/had a nut welded on to it. He used the same method of putting a shop cloth between the cup and plate when applying powder, then just spun the bottom lowering it and removed the towel before putting it in the oven.
Unvevo

Post by Unvevo »

RGR wrote:what do you recommend for a oven?
the cheapest for me was the Eastwood powder coat oven. It's made just for Powder Coating so it has good controls. But it's really small. Perfect for yetis and small metal art. A regular oven from a house would be the best stuff without building your own. I live in a small town so used ovens are not as common for cheap.
HammerDownJustin
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by HammerDownJustin »

You can also buy a silicon bushing for about $25. Drill hole thru the center and force over a piece of bar stock. Then the cup slides down onto the plug and seals up. Are you using normal vinyl for your letters? Or getting the high dollar thermal tape?
Home built 5x10 table CandCNC electronics
Miller 251 Mig
And lots of other cool stuff...
Unvevo

Post by Unvevo »

Oracal 751. Throw it in the oven preheated to 400. It takes about two minutes for the powder to flow out. Pull it out and wait for it to cool down to about 160 degrees. The powder is very soft and will fingerprint. Use your fingernail peel back the decals. If the powdercoat cools down too much the details will start to break and come off in small sections and can cause it to take off more powder than you want. You can throw it back in the oven or use a heat gun and heat it back up.
Oracal 651 751 and 851 have all work great for me. 751 being the best. I tried some cheap Chinese vinyl and while it only shrunk a little bit it the oven. When I peeled it off it left every bit of adhesive on the cup. Took forever to clean it all off.
Unvevo

Post by Unvevo »

HammerDownJustin wrote:You can also buy a silicon bushing for about $25. Drill hole thru the center and force over a piece of bar stock. Then the cup slides down onto the plug and seals up. Are you using normal vinyl for your letters? Or getting the high dollar thermal tape?
My original plan was to get a high temperature silicone plug and use them to powdercoat the cups. But volume becomes a problem. Because I was using scrap to make the stands I have maybe less than $2 into each one. I'm able to make a dozen of them without putting myself out a lot of money. My business is far from profitable just starting out so every penny counts :oops:
kolor inc
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by kolor inc »

what are you guys charging to coat these cups?
Unvevo

Post by Unvevo »

Sorry, I havent been getting on lately since my plasma table is still broken down. I posted my price list. I purchased a Vinyl express 31" cutter from signwarehouse for $300 and I cannot keep up with the cups rolling in. I have done about 300 cups in the last couple months. I use prismatic powders for my powders. If you want more info on powder coating you can email me at unvevo@gmail.com.

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Diesel
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Diesel »

Excellent results - thanks for sharing info/file for the stand as well as your methods for laying the powder!
Custom LDR Motion Systems 5x10 table w/ rotary axis and scribe
Hypertherm Powermax85
Quincy 325 compressor
Ingersoll Rand D18IN refrigerated air dryer
Millermatic 251 MIG
Everlast PowerPro 256 TIG/stick/plasma w/ water cooler
anvilhead
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by anvilhead »

very nice work. Question......... Are the vinyl letters applied after coating or is that part of the coating - color flash then vinyl then clear coat and bake????? What kind of vinyl are you using? Thanks. My daughter is wanting me to do one for her Christmas this year. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

CG
Carl@GraingerMetalWorks.com email
There is plenty of room at the top - and the top is where you want to be. Whenever you do a project - do the hardest part first and the rest will be easy.
Unvevo

Post by Unvevo »

There are two ways of doing it. You can apply a base coat then apply your decals, which are only a stencil. Apply your powder coat. Throw it in your preheated oven (400f) and wait approximately 1 min. At this time your cup should have partial flow out. Pull it out and use a heat gun to finish flowing the edges. The powder should still look like powder but have a little shine to it. This is the perfect point to weed the sticker. The powder should flake right off the vinyl and leave a perfect crisp edge on the cup. If you get it too cooked it will not peel off or take too much powder with it. If its under cooked it will rub off which will make a grown man cry.
Diesel
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Diesel »

Very good info here - thanks for sharing!
Custom LDR Motion Systems 5x10 table w/ rotary axis and scribe
Hypertherm Powermax85
Quincy 325 compressor
Ingersoll Rand D18IN refrigerated air dryer
Millermatic 251 MIG
Everlast PowerPro 256 TIG/stick/plasma w/ water cooler

Return to “DXF & SVG Plasma Cutting File Sharing Forum”