Nice Motorcyle with lots of detail

Share, browse, & download dxf, svg, or other vector based designs. If you take be sure to give back.
Ryle524
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: Harley Davidson (lots of detail)

Post by Ryle524 »

Amazing detail just an awesome piece of art !! Great job on it
Oldsarge
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Oldsarge »

&greed, this is amazing! Has anybody ever cut this at full scale? This has been up for a while, would love to see one cut out.... There's a huge Harley dealer here locally... Might could be a customer!

Oldsarge
6x12 Home Built Table
Hypertherm PowerMax 85
CandCNC Dragon Cut 620 DTHC IV
CorelDraw X7, Sheetcam, Mach 3
"Better to attempt great things and fail than to live in the gray twilight where there is neither victory or defeat"
supremestoneworks
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by supremestoneworks »

Hi Jason

A short video of our CNC engraving the design in caesarstone today.I will post pics of the finished product

takes approx 4hrs to complete machining

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3N0WaW6 ... e=youtu.be
supremestoneworks
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by supremestoneworks »

pic of finished cutout

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

tmks
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by tmks »

supremestoneworks wrote:pic of finished cutout
how large did you cut this out?

thank you!

tom
CancCNC PlasPakIII 4*8 table
HyperTherm PM1000gs
SignTorch Vector Art
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by SignTorch Vector Art »

tmks wrote:how large did you cut this out?
it looks about 4" to 6" wide (I thought that was a ruler in the foreground but maybe not)
Misguided Creator
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: Nice Motorcyle with lots of detail

Post by Misguided Creator »

First off, thank you Jason for this amazing file! I cut this at 38 1/2" out of 10ga HR. and painted it with hammered copper on one side and flat black on the other, like I do with most of my pieces, that don't involve lettering, that way people have more options of where they can hang it. Aged copper woulda looked better, I believe. I went around it and shortened several lines before cutting, and realized I shoulda shortened a few more, like the trim around the tool box and the boot. All in all, it came out great! and is a big attention getter. I'm a biker, and can assure you that most bikers are into HD nastalgia, I'm working on a drawing from an old pic of a famous person on his Harley, then another after that, to cut out about the same size, but it may take a little while, cause I won't be tracing any. I'll post pics of it, when I cut it out. Thanks again for sharing this great piece of art.

P.S. This was my 1st time setting-up a booth and selling, I'll post pics of my set-up, soon, in the other forum.

Mike

DXF
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by DXF »

Misguided Creator wrote:First off, thank you Jason for this amazing file! I cut this at 38 1/2" out of 10ga HR. and painted it with hammered copper on one side and flat black on the other, like I do with most of my pieces, that don't involve lettering, that way people have more options of where they can hang it. Aged copper woulda looked better, I believe. I went around it and shortened several lines before cutting, and realized I shoulda shortened a few more, like the trim around the tool box and the boot. All in all, it came out great! and is a big attention getter. I'm a biker, and can assure you that most bikers are into HD nastalgia, I'm working on a drawing from an old pic of a famous person on his Harley, then another after that, to cut out about the same size, but it may take a little while, cause I won't be tracing any. I'll post pics of it, when I cut it out. Thanks again for sharing this great piece of art.

P.S. This was my 1st time setting-up a booth and selling, I'll post pics of my set-up, soon, in the other forum.

Mike
Picket line scab!

Dave Hanks
Misguided Creator
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Well that's rude! I've never crossed a picket line in my life. Just because I work at CAT, and I'm not union, doesn't make me a scab! It just makes me a person who was out of job, and got called by a department, because of my skills and work ethics, that cannot be brought into CAT, because of the type of work that it is. It's not the company that it use to be, and it's not because of people like me, quite opposite in fact. So please, next time, instead of slandering me, and bringing your personal views to a forum like this one, when you obviously have no clue of what you are talking about, count to 10 and take some deeeep breaths, remember how most of us are struggling to make a living. That is all.... :D

Mike
takumetal
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by takumetal »

Don't worry about it Mike.
Very nice job on the bike. If you could post your refined DXF I would be a very greatfull biker from Alaska.
I'll post pics also.
Thanks
Al in AK
:D
JakeSM
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by JakeSM »

Nice job. I am new at this. Did my first show the other day. I am pricing .10 per cut inch and.10 per pierce point, plus material and time. I was advised to price this way. It seems high for my area. Do you have any advise you would be willing to share with me?
Jake
Misguided Creator
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

takumetal wrote:Don't worry about it Mike.
Very nice job on the bike. If you could post your refined DXF I would be a very greatfull biker from Alaska.
I'll post pics also.
Thanks
Al in AK
:D

Sorry, I haven't had much time to get on here, lately. Like I said in my previous post, those areas still need a little work, since I haven't touched on it again since I cut it out, it won't take much tho. As for pricing, it's something I'm still trying to work out. I live in a dying town, so not money doesn't flow well, and I still haven't started a website up. I priced this well under what it's worth. Going by inches of cut, #s of pierces, etc...This piece would have to be priced easily over a grand, but I'd barely get a quarter of that around here. I do this mainly for the enjoyment, for now, and just try and make a few buck in the mean time. Sorry I couldn't be more help, but I hope you like the file.

cozzie
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by cozzie »

Wow very cool. Will have to try this one when I get the time. Thanks for the share.

Return to “DXF & SVG Plasma Cutting File Sharing Forum”