Pm 65. Nozzle/shield

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
Bigjoe
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Pm 65. Nozzle/shield

Post by Bigjoe »

Upon checking for wear , the third time I could not unscrew tip. It just kept spinning And I did not put it on tight , now it's not usable the little part inside with the threads broke? How loose can I leave it?
Bigjoe
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: Pm 65. Nozzle/shield

Post by Bigjoe »

No one else had this issue?
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

The shield screws on composite threads on the retaining cap. Over time they can wear and break. Retaining caps need to be replaced on average after a couple hundred nozzle changes, longer if you keep them clean, especially the threads where the shield attaches. I have seen a few cases where the torch is mounted to the machine with a clamp on the retaining cap.....if this is the case I would expect very short retaining cap life.

Your description does not tell me much....be happy to offer suggestions, but I would need pics, details of the way the torch is mounted, etc. Jim Colt Hypertherm
Bigjoe
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Bigjoe »

Just a machine torch clamped at the top of the main body. Torchmate 4x4 gs. Also went to try fine cut parts and could not get torch to fire , can I use the shielded cap with the fine cut nozzle Also running ohmic sensor
jimcolt

Post by jimcolt »

Here is a picture of the Fine cut consumables as copied from the operators manual. For ohmic sensing you need to use the parts shown in the top row.

all finecut cons.jpg
all finecut cons.jpg (25.59 KiB) Viewed 412 times
Bigjoe
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Bigjoe »

thankyou for that, I have the above ohmic parts and will try this wkend..
Bigjoe
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Bigjoe »

well I put the fine cut parts on {did not want to use them until I was comfortable with machine}, wow is all I can say, they cut really well. I am so happy with my hypertherm. I cant see ever using the regular parts unless I will be cutting something very thick, even then from what I have seen from others they cut thicker material pretty well.

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”