Buying a table

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
tomloewen
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Buying a table

Post by tomloewen »

I need some help. A friend of mine is looking to buy a table. He's a welder and has a small shop but cutting is new for him.
I've paste a link below. Can I get someones opinion on this ?
Thanks,
Tom
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-tool-other/calga ... nFlag=true
grindergary
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Buying a table

Post by grindergary »

Tom,

Without seeing the table or having more information it is hard to say for sure. Depending on price it may be a good starter table.

Gary
4x8 Home made with Precision Plasma LLC. Gantry
4x8 Home Router made with Precision Plasma LLC. Gantry
Candcnc DHCTII Electronics
Hypertherm Powermax 105 machine torch
Sheetcam, Mach 3
Corel Draw 8, V Carve Pro
Miller CTS 280 Miller Mig
tomloewen

Post by tomloewen »

grindergary wrote:Tom,

Without seeing the table or having more information it is hard to say for sure. Depending on price it may be a good starter table.

Gary
Thanks Gary, from what I understand they're asking $6000. That's for the table, computer and software.
Tom
rikduk
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by rikduk »

grindergary wrote:Tom,

Gary
What he means is we need the table manufacturer, name of cam/running programs
plasma manufacturer...
plain ol Bill

Post by plain ol Bill »

Looking at the pics there is a LOT of dust around the system - makes me think there has been very little maint. or care of the entire system. Can't tell for sure from the pic but the controller box resembles a Torchmate box. Hard to tell without checking the system for tightness, watching it cut and looking it over very well. Without being able to do that I would steer clear.
plain ol Bill
Hypertherm 1250
Duramax machine torch
Corel Draw X6
Sheetcam
Mach3
5 x 10 self built table
Lots of ineptitude
tomloewen

Post by tomloewen »

plain ol Bill wrote:Looking at the pics there is a LOT of dust around the system - makes me think there has been very little maint. or care of the entire system. Can't tell for sure from the pic but the controller box resembles a Torchmate box. Hard to tell without checking the system for tightness, watching it cut and looking it over very well. Without being able to do that I would steer clear.
Ok thanks Bill. The fella that's looking at it knows nothing about cnc and asked my opinion, but its not my area either, so I couldn't help him. But thanks for the advise, (you other guys too) I'll pass it along and suggest that he has the seller cut something out to see how things are.
Tom
tomloewen

Post by tomloewen »

plain ol Bill wrote:Looking at the pics there is a LOT of dust around the system - makes me think there has been very little maint. or care of the entire system. Can't tell for sure from the pic but the controller box resembles a Torchmate box. Hard to tell without checking the system for tightness, watching it cut and looking it over very well. Without being able to do that I would steer clear.
Bill, I got some more info on that table. Sounds like a farmer bought it so he could cut out his own parts. But he got in over his head and the table just sat after a number of failed attempts. So we found a local guy that knows how to run it and he'll head out there to try and cut some stuff and see how that goes. Thanks for your help.
Tom

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”