DIY Build Proma THC Setup Hypertherm PM45

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
Willy
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

DIY Build Proma THC Setup Hypertherm PM45

Post by Willy »

Hi guys another Newb DIY Build first of all what a fantastic resource this site is and will be a paying member by the end of today that's for sure.

All is is going well its a 1.2x1.2 table R&P but the issue I am having is working out the connecting the Proma150THC wire up.

I was going to follow one of the Posts on CNC ZONE but for some reason the inputs outputs seem to be conflicting so I am a bit wary of actually following them.

What I have is the following:
Hypertherm PM45 Machine Torch
Gecko G540 & mach3 48v PS
Proma 150 THC

The voltage divider on the PM45 are pin sockets 5(-) & 6(+) these are to be wired to the Proma THC DV(-)(+) inputs, from what I understand?

Start (start plasma input) pin sockets 3 & 4 are to be wired to the G540 but what actual inputs (5&12) do I just wire them straight up or do need to provide power or create a circuit.

Anyone aware of this set-up is this correct I don't what to destroy the G540 or the VD on the PM45 :shock:

Thanks is advance.
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: DIY Build Proma THC Setup Hypertherm PM45

Post by jimcolt »

The Voltage divider output on the Powermax45 is 1/50th of the actual arc voltage (pins 5 and 6). The Plasma start input requires a simple contact closure to fire the torch, contact opening to stop. There is 18 VDC present on terminals 3 and 4. Please note that terminals 3 and 4 are only functional with a machine torch plugged into the Powermax45. They are disabled if a hand torch is in use for safety reasons.

Jim Colt
Willy
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: DIY Build Proma THC Setup Hypertherm PM45

Post by Willy »

thanks Jim I will just use a relay I guess to fire it.

Should be an easy setup

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”