Advice for purchasing older plasma cam

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
tcmetal
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Advice for purchasing older plasma cam

Post by tcmetal »

I originally posted this question in the wrong forum- my apologies.

I am looking for words of advice and knowledge.

What would be a good price for a 4x4 plasma cam DHC2 that is 6 yrs old and well used?
Also, does anyone know what the original price would have been in 2010 new?
see&see
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Advice for purchasing older plasma cam

Post by see&see »

Here is an E-Bay link to a DHC2 that was just purchased in January of this year and the whole package went for $9200. The price was a steal IMO, air compressor and Hypertherm 85 cutter and AHC software was included in the deal. I would have bid on it except that it was clear across the country below the Mason-Dixon line. :mrgreen:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282068456506?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
You marry into the PlasmaCam family and must accept the fact your software and hardware are proprietary. It's a for better or for worse engagement with overwhelming security. PlasmaCam controls the computer, table, hardware to their advantage IMO. :x
PlasmaMac
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Advice for purchasing older plasma cam

Post by PlasmaMac »

A big factor for me personally would be to check and see if has the upgraded design software. That would make a big difference. Also, since a new machine would come with pretty sweet 3 year warranty, I would most certainly make sure that it is set up and working (maybe they can show in operation to you). The last thing that you would want to do is to have to put a bunch of money into a bunch of replacement parts (which would eat away at any savings that you would have experienced vs a getting a headache free new machine with 3 year warranty).

Good Luck,

'JAG

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”