z-2 table wanting opinions about upgrade options..

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
tinspark
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

z-2 table wanting opinions about upgrade options..

Post by tinspark »

Hello,
Its very likely already been covered, but here we go..I have a Z-2 machine and love the thing. The footprint is perfect for my use (hobby, and tinner buddies who want stuff mainly- HA!). I upgraded to Advanced design edge several weeks ago and would like to only sink another $2k or so into it (TBD).
My question is, may it be better to get the basic height control ($998) along with machine control ($998) or just get the advanced height control for ($2K), and pass on the machine control... (so many decisions :) !).
I foresee mainly cutting 10 down to 16 gauge. Also, I will occasionally cut some small outrigger etc. (24 gauge galvanized beam covers) for one of my painter buddies, and whatever comes along. I can say that the work is already stacking up and I aint even trying too hard .. LOVE IT!
I am running a hypertherm45 xp with the Duromax torch...trying to get the 45 amp setup down before I play around with the fine cut setup...
appreciate all of the purls of wisdom.

Thanks in advance,
DM :D
Last edited by tinspark on Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Doug,
4x4 GoTorch- expanded
Height Control/Advanced DesignEdge
Hypertherm 45XP-
Logan Lathe + myriads of other shop toys
**CAUTION**- "Does Not Play Well With Others" :)
Ironken
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: z-2 table wanting opinions about upgrade options..

Post by Ironken »

I can't comment on the THC for your GoTorch.....but just throw some finecut consumables in it and run it at the Hypertherm book settings. No real learning curve there. I do play with the torch height/voltage a bit. I love them on <10g.
tinspark

Post by tinspark »

Thanks for the response. I will try it out too..
Doug,
4x4 GoTorch- expanded
Height Control/Advanced DesignEdge
Hypertherm 45XP-
Logan Lathe + myriads of other shop toys
**CAUTION**- "Does Not Play Well With Others" :)
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by rdj357 »

I think I answered this over on the Owner Community Forum for ya but for others here who might have a PlasmaCAM and are curious about the upgrades, here is my list in order of importance (to me):

Basic Height Control (No machine should be without at least the basic!)
Advanced Design (Much better for images that need to be manually traced and adds quite a few design improvements)
Advanced Machine Control (Allows fine tuning of accelerations and other control settings, makes cutting thin material much better)
Advanced Height Control (Adds ohmic sensing which means faster and more reliable pierce height, also allows cutting material like corrugated tin)

With these 4 you have a very nicely functioning machine. Adding the integrated nesting and other options are nice as well as an extra seat to do your design work away from the shop!

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”