EZ CUT Plaz table Z and cut height nightmare

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
AKart
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

EZ CUT Plaz table Z and cut height nightmare

Post by AKart »

New here, and hoping you guys can help. We just got a ez cut, ran fine for a week and now each time it heads down to touch off on the part, the Z flips out and I guess stutters (best description I can think of) on it's way to the material surface. If the torch does make it to the material (without setting off a z interrupt alarm) then it goes to the proper pierce height, pierces and during the first few inches of cutting, the torch ramps into the part and just drags the tip on the surface for the remainder of the cut path. ?

:evil:
plasmapros
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: EZ CUT Plaz table Z and cut height nightmare

Post by plasmapros »

Don't hear much about them their pretty new to market but this post will bump it up to the top where someone might chime in.
dewser
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by dewser »

From what I have heard and from a customer of EZ CUTs, there support is A+ Id try and call them. They might even answer phone on weekends like a lot of them do !!
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

The EZ cut systems are well engineered and well supported. Calling them with your issues, which likely are simple settings....will be the best choice.

Jim Colt
762frmafr
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by 762frmafr »

If you are using Mach 3, check your Z switch offset.
MidAmericaIron
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by MidAmericaIron »

Is EZCut supplied by Elite Metal Tools? The same ones that sell the BurnTable? I have been talking with Kurt from Elite, and he is supposed to be sending me information on their "low cost" equivalent to the EZCut CNC. I thought I remember reading somewhere here that EZCut and BurnTables are made by the same company.
jimcolt

Post by jimcolt »

EZCut machines are produced in Texas. The BurnTables are built in their own factory, also in Texas. The two are not the same. Both are good machines and seem to be well supported in the field, most usually they are both equipped with Hypertherm plasma systems.

Jim Colt

MidAmericaIron wrote:Is EZCut supplied by Elite Metal Tools? The same ones that sell the BurnTable? I have been talking with Kurt from Elite, and he is supposed to be sending me information on their "low cost" equivalent to the EZCut CNC. I thought I remember reading somewhere here that EZCut and BurnTables are made by the same company.
Last edited by jimcolt on Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jimmy
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Jimmy »

It sounds like there is slag in the rack and pinion and/or bearings. All EZ Cut CNC customers receive unlimited technical support by phone. If you're a customer, you should call tech support for help troubleshooting. It's the easiest way to begin solving any issues with your system.
EZCutCNC
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by EZCutCNC »

AKart,
Hopefully you have solved this issue and your system is running well. We just found out about this post and signed up to answer some of the questions being asked. First, we do provide free technical support by phone for our customers. If there is an issue that you can not solve, please give us a call. Jimmy might be correct in saying there is slag in the bearings or rack & pinion of the torch lifter. We can definitely help if you do not know the process of cleaning the torch lifter (pictures below). More importantly, if it's not the torch lifter we will walk you through the proper steps to solve the problem.
Screen Shot 2013-10-15 at 8.53.26 AM.png
Screen Shot 2013-10-15 at 8.53.37 AM.png

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”