Help with Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster needed

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
charlie chop
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Help with Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster needed

Post by charlie chop »

Hi all.
Wondering if anybody could give some insight on my problem. I bought the machine Cutmaster 12mm w/ sl60 torch second hand with the thought of using it to make the money needed to get a hypertherm 65, (hindsight I should of just kept saving)
machine worked good and was just starting to dial it in and getting good results, then it started not firing intermittently and coming up with error light flashes( these would go away when you wiggle the consumables).
Then I didn't do the cup up tight enough and it arced sideways blowing out the nozzle, tip and start cartridge. I ordered all new consumables and now it wont arc, it has arced a few times but very randomly, ive checked, replaced and cleaned them all and maybe 1 in 100 times its fired when testing.
So Far ive checked all wiring connections, air, consumables and still not getting anything, put a testlight on back of torch wires and there is no power there when torch fired.
I don't really want to send it away to be fixed cause it will eat into my hypertherm fund,

Any ideas on things to check for would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
grindergary
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Help with Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster needed

Post by grindergary »

You should post this in the TD section. You would probably get much faster results.

Gary
4x8 Home made with Precision Plasma LLC. Gantry
4x8 Home Router made with Precision Plasma LLC. Gantry
Candcnc DHCTII Electronics
Hypertherm Powermax 105 machine torch
Sheetcam, Mach 3
Corel Draw 8, V Carve Pro
Miller CTS 280 Miller Mig

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”